Woosie Club

Page 242 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
As all the other 'Woosies' we can only wish you all the best Martin (which might just seem a little inadequate) and hope you can get going again soon. You have certainly been in our thoughts, good luck mate keep your chin up and we will see you on a Woosiefest again soon.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well the King has been at again. He rummaged his extensive spares cupboard and found the part which fixed John’s awning. NB. No comments please regarding loads and weights :sick: Following the King’s trail us four dogs got our feet wet in the sea at Hutoft near Sutton on Sea. Miles of golden sands and sun. Delightful. Parking on the beach is free :cheer: Will try the museum at East Kirkby tomorrow. May see the Lanc taxiing.
Weather looking good too plus the great company. Orders are already being taken for the woodys Woosie Dinner and quiz Friday evening. Safe travels to those still to arrive :)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think the Lanc is only taxied on Bank Holidays, even so, the museum is well worth a visit. Just down the road from there is Coningsby which hosts the BOB flight which you can very often see taxi and take off, and of course the brillcreams will be up playing with their toys.

Edited. There is a museum at Coningsby too for The BOB flight.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well Woosie avoiders/deniers here are some of the reprobates actually enjoying themselves in the sunshine -- just remembering the 'sun shines on the righteous'! At the 7th.? Woosiefest.
WHO'S WHO?
Top left:- Sir Gab, T. Right - Gafferbill & Belinda,
B. Left - John & Pressie, B. right Parksy & Carole

DSC05312.jpg
[/url] [/img]J

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well after a delayed van collection, got it on the drive today, sorted out loaded with two weeks worth of Shreddies and socks. The boss doing the inside , I found the water pumps playing up, blowing fuses, anyway found the spare one and replace the old one with a temporary, standby one. ( Pump not the fuse) Washed the roof down so hoping to win the "Best washed caravan" award at the Fest . See you tomorrow.

I think the old pump was 8 years old.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I am losing count of the number of times our Kingyliness has provided parts and solutions to problems relating to water supply, waste disposal, awning fixes etc.

Thank you Pete, you have an extraordinary supply of solutions and spares and most importantly the patience and willingness to help others.

Ta much King, the only minor thing I can offer in return is that the time you have spent helping others has helped you avoid washing the dishes.

Pete's wife has been so helpful (and forgiving) thank you so much Jean; behind every man is the real force ;) .

Anseo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And we have a secret cordon blue chef.Lady Haggis has given some of us the finest herring ever tasted. How lucky we are B) Thank you Pressie and John.
More progress. The lights are up as the Woosie flagpole flying the Villa and Wiltshire Bustard.
All staying dry tomorrow in readiness for Hutch arrival :evil:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Well after a delayed van collection, got it on the drive today, sorted out loaded with two weeks worth of Shreddies and socks. The boss doing the inside , I found the water pumps playing up, blowing fuses, anyway found the spare one and replace the old one with a temporary, standby one. ( Pump not the fuse) Washed the roof down so hoping to win the "Best washed caravan" award at the Fest . See you tomorrow.

Puzzled as to why only the roof was washed. Unless Woosies are nine foot tall surely it’s the sides front and back that will create a good impression.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:

Puzzled as to why only the roof was washed. Unless Woosies are nine foot tall surely it’s the sides front and back that will create a good impression.

The fronts, back and sides are always great, but with my new drone, we can check out the roofs of the vans, whilst doing Dusty Dogs Training, . Beer involved. Anything daft is alowwed at a Woosiefest :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Must confess Dusty the herrings were good, refused initially 'cos I can't usually be 'a....d' with all the bones in them, but relented and enjoyed them..

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought you guys were supposed to be enjoying yourselves, because there arent many of you smiling in the pics.
Have we been over imbibing by any chance. Who is who by the way?

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
There's a buzz of anticipation around here, mainly all packed and ready to go. What does this weekend have in stall, who will we meet, will I take the pressure off Anseo at the next pub quiz? At this stage "there are more questions than answers" Now just who said that? Perhaps in the words of someone else "I'm on the road again" .....

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
There's a buzz of anticipation around here, mainly all packed and ready to go. What does this weekend have in stall, who will we meet, will I take the pressure off Anseo at the next pub quiz? At this stage "there are more questions than answers" Now just who said that? Perhaps in the words of someone else "I'm on the road again" .....

Have an uneventful trip and enjoy the jamboree.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
I think the Lanc is only taxied on Bank Holidays, even so, the museum is well worth a visit. Just down the road from there is Coningsby which hosts the BOB flight which you can very often see taxi and take off, and of course the brillcreams will be up playing with their toys.

Edited. There is a museum at Coningsby too for The BOB flight.
Been there today.
Just Jane is fired up and run 18 times most months and more on special weekends. £335 for the taxi ride. £395 for the full vip event in lunch etc.
Woosies are warming up now. Had a welcoming few jars with Elaine Alistair and John also Rex and Harry.
Tomorrow's menu is well underway thanks to Jean. Quiz sorted.
Weather looking good for Saturday's Woosiefest. Shorts should be fine :woohoo:
Banners coming out. Flags flying and lots of fun and joviality.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We did the BBMF hangar tour at Coningsby this afternoon but were slightly disappointed when the Lancaster was not there.
Our tour guide mentioned that the Lancaster was due back at around 5pm, so I parked up in a viewing area next to the boundary fence to wait.

Our patience was rewarded, we saw several very loud Tornado take offs and then the BBMF Avro Lancaster passed low overhead to join the circuit to land.
It taxied in and stopped about 30 feet from where I was standing with a crowd of enthusiasts.
As the crew disembarked the pilot came to the fence and chatted to us for a few minutes.
We then drove Into Woodall Spa where there's a memorial to 617 sqdn and the Petwood Hotel, one time officers mess for the Dam Busters.
We're looking forward to the Friday evening meal with the Woosies.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Been there today.
Just Jane is fired up and run 18 times most months and more on special weekends. £335 for the taxi ride. £395 for the full vip event in lunch etc.

They have obviously increased the number they do. There were rumours that they were trying to make it airworthy. Wonder if the closer they get the more they can do. It certainly wont do any harm to keep running the engines.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Mel, Dustydog and The King showing a nice display of lights.

DD has flags up ( will ask him tomorrow of their significancemeaning ), feel like I'm letting the group down with only an awning light on show :eek:hmy:

Hutch and Elaine now on site ( great to have them here ), expecting Grey13 and grizzlybathplug soon,

All very unusually tame at the moment I am informed; am now waiting for the Woosies to make WHOOPEE and start a site ruckus.

Staff in Woody's Bar warned me that the Police and Emergency Services are on standby and the Army Reserves are in waiting to provide assistance when it all eventually kicks-off.

Looking good then :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
You might just be a little optimistic Anseo if you was expecting 'ruckus' -- this septuagenarian don't do ruckus and I suspect not many of the others do? And I reckon you can stand down the police emergency service and army reservists unless they're are any good at resuscitation? Ps. -- Did do Woodys at 9 o;clock tonight,(meal sorting for tomorrow) not another Woosie in sight (can't you stand the pace?) Did manage a couple of 'Batemans' though! Damned Woosiepot will require extra attention!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of going in to Woody's when we came back at around 8:30 but it looked as though the Woosies were all in their caravans so I gave it a miss and had a couple in the caravan instead.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
You might just be a little optimistic Anseo if you was expecting 'ruckus' -- this septuagenarian don't do ruckus and I suspect not many of the others do? And I reckon you can stand down the police emergency service and army reservists unless they're are any good at resuscitation? Ps. -- Did do Woodys at 9 o;clock tonight,(meal sorting for tomorrow) not another Woosie in sight (can't you stand the pace?) Did manage a couple of 'Batemans' though! Damned Woosiepot will require extra attention!

Think “ruckus” is Gaelic for a nice evening out. I was taking a bit of free time in Jasper National Park in Alberta and a group from the Argyle and Sutherlands arrived in town and very soon started to have a “good night out”. The speed the local police and Mounties arrived had to be seen to be believed. :)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Woosiethorpe gets 5 stars for Wossiepot emptying facilities :cheer:

20180914_093831.jpg

.......just see what you are missing Sir Gagakev and the sun is shining.

No mud here ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts