Woosie Club

Page 295 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I hope not, the reviews, I read last year, made me think that Waterrow would be a good spring meet up for the Woosies. . We will let you know in October,
Didn't OtherClive go there recently, or was that abandoned. ?
Waterrow was great, just marred by the appalling behaviour of the landlady at the Rock. Definitely considering Waterrow again as their new year party was a nice touch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Waterrow was great, just marred by the appalling behaviour of the landlady at the Rock. Definitely considering Waterrow again as their new year party was a nice touch.
Thanks, Thats nice to know, I shall check on the Rocks website again, I am sure Myself and Dusty Dog can smooth out a stroppy landlady, especially DD if he is still growing his Capt Birdseye beard,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
To be fair we cancelled before Lockdown as our granddaughter’s school closed seven days before on account of some staff becoming infected. We had to step in to look after her, whilst needing to travel to and from Coventry as my BiL had a heart attack. But of a difficult time overall. In fact Lockdown brought a period of welcome stability 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Disappointing they didn’t offer a transfer. Maybe you could ask again saying you were part of the Woosies?
Fat Club starts again on 3rd September. So yes spritzers but maybe the odd weekend pint.
If the “rogue” landlady gives me gip my secret weapon, Lady Villa, will sort her out🤪

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I booked the first week in October at Waterrow this morning.
We're on pitch 3, a fully serviced pitch and we arrive on the 1st October and leave on the 8th.
My deposit from the cancelled spring Woosiefest was carried over and I was given the autumn saver discount so a very inexpensive week which I've paid in full.

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Stroppy landlady is putting it mildly.
I've been reading the reviews, many of which mention an unwelcoming attitude problem.
The responses from the landlady to the many poor reviews which mention the unwelcoming attitude look as though they were written by Basil Fawlty.
It's always without exception the customers fault.
My other half and I will give it a miss I think.
Thanks for the heads up 😉

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I will give the Rock one go , just for the entertainment Value and curiosity🤪🤪
To be fair the place has been given many good reviews, but the consistently similar bad ones which describe the somewhat seemingly hostile nature of the landlady and her replies are more than enough to put me off.
I lived for a time with a woman with a similarly combative outlook who was a good cook, so I'm not keen to pay money to replicate that dreadful time in my life on holiday 😁

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Was once in the Three Horseshoes in Velindre after a taxing few days in the Black Mountains. A few of us had ordered some drinks about 2220 when the landlady called time at 2230. She then became insistent that we quickly drink up and go, presumably for a locals lock in. When one of our group reminded her of the 10 minutes drinking up time she became very rude, and then got quite upset at the glasses that got broken on the floor as we knocked the table over whilst obeying her order.

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Are we talking about the same Rock Inn🤔
A quick look at Trip Advisor gives loads of 5 and 4 stars with excellent reports. There are one or two I read going back to 2018 giving bottom marks for poor service. Food seems to be good. Unless Parksy’s ex partner has been reincarnated in a Somerset form I reckon it’s worth a punt. 🤪🤪

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I pointed out in my earlier comment that the place had been given many good reviews, but the plethora of adverse comments on Trip Advisor all point to the same unwelcoming attitude and rude sarcastic remarks toward customers.
I won't pay to be made to feel unwelcome when in most places I visit it's free 😁

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Interestingly we mentioned the woman’s attitude to the people at Waterrow and their reaction was that it wasn’t uncommon for her and her husband to get snotty with customers. We also mentioned it in passing to the landlord at The White Hart in Wiveliscombe ( highly recommended) and as soon as we mentioned The Rock he said “Oh no, what has she done now?”
Bit of a local legend. She barred all of the locals aparrently........😂

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Wanted (but not by many!) Apparently a member of the Cricklade Taliban. If you should be unfortunate enough to come across this man then give him a wide berth, he could be carrying a dangerous weapon, (It could be in the shape of a beer can and you might get sprayed when he opens it! Absolutely ruthless around alcohol!) His shaving mirror disintegrated long ago and he cannot be trusted with a razor blade any more. But he is apparently available for Christmas bookings, (as long as not too scary for children!) An improvement appears to be the wearing of a mask! Taxidermists are apparently already submitting offers to help them with their stuffing requirements!IMG_3558.JPG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts