Woosie Club

Page 296 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think The Woosie Club, folk will charm any landlord and landlady. Its not hard to be nice and the Reviews I have seen, the bad one is from a Mr Harrison , in a Motor home. . BCFC. Let us see how it goes,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well just confirmed at Waterrow today about the meet up at the start of October, I know Dusty Dog and myself decided on the first weekend of October, but for some reason it seems to be the most expensive of the year, from the 10th onwards a week costs £129 for a serviced pitch. Oh well , my round in the pub for whoever arrives.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well fellow Woosies, unfortunately we have decided that Mr Fleety is to stay on the drive now until next year, so we wont be attending Waterrow in Oct. Really dont have the inclination to get him ready for what would prob be 3 nights at the most and then winterise him again on our return.
For those of you attending, enjoy.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats a shame Kev, I really understand what you mean, I hope to get at least 1000 miles on the Coachy before it's next service, I just hope it's a dry winter and we can get out on some hard standings. Maybe even down your way. Keep safe you two, catch you at another time.

Reactions: Gagakev
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
i have to meet you some other time we are going away on Saturday 19th Sep - 2nd October and then we are going to winterised the caravan for this year .
I hope you have great time at waterrow everyone
Take Care Keep Safe
Thanks Beachball, where are you off too, the weather looks good.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Beachball, where are you off too, the weather looks good.
Hi We are going to Woodbridge Suffolk (first time down this way it roughly 180 miles from me and then calling on the way back at Rutland Caravan and Camping Site (Caravan Club ) Separate Adult Field might give the indoor swimimg pool a go depending on how many is in . it might do my back some good .

Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have The Run Cottage site marked near Woodbridge, But it shows a lot of other possibilitys, looks a good are, enjoy Rutland, I like that site.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have The Run Cottage site marked near Woodbridge, But it shows a lot of other possibilitys, looks a good are, enjoy Rutland, I like that site.
Also we are book in Run Cottage on a service pitch and we have never been to Rutland Caravan Club site got a service hardstanding pitch taking my portable travel mobility Scooter with me for getting around i hope we like it to .

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well brought the Coachy home today to ensure, everything is working, before our first outing since last September. Añd for agood wash, both tyres had dropped down by 5 psi, that was the only problem, everything is working on both gas and electric, so its back into storage ready for going out to Waterrow.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Off to Ludlow for a week soon. Getting van ready, fitting new fire extinguisher bought at Birmingham Caravan Show early this year, first run with new SunnCamp awning, sold old but unused KAMPA for excellent price . Still extremely vulnerable, still almost shielding, but looking forward to a great week AWAY FROM MY HOME! Note: will test newly devised extra hot water system enhancer. (prototype test) Should keep me busy! No more short cold showers if this works.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Off to Ludlow for a week soon. Getting van ready, fitting new fire extinguisher bought at Birmingham Caravan Show early this year, first run with new SunnCamp awning, sold old but unused KAMPA for excellent price . Still extremely vulnerable, still almost shielding, but looking forward to a great week AWAY FROM MY HOME! Note: will test newly devised extra hot water system enhancer. (prototype test) Should keep me busy! No more short cold showers if this works.
Hi Grey13 We enjoyed Ludlow Castle it a great place to visit there a icecream shop near it i would try one ,have a great time exploring the area .
Take Care Keep Safe

Reactions: Grey13
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Five star fully serviced pitches including brown waste! Good pub next door and views that take your breath away.
Dusty
Yes great site and the pub was good too. Views to take your breath away? Take your word for it as the heavy mist didn’t even clear after you left.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The best views in that area are from Tittensor Quarry at the top of Brown Clee Hill.
My eldest son was wild camping there last night, he's into photographing planets, stars and galaxies via his telescope.
There's a small caravan and camping site on Brown Clee where we've stayed but the name escapes me for now.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The best views in that area are from Tittensor Quarry at the top of Brown Clee Hill.
My eldest son was wild camping there last night, he's into photographing planets, stars and galaxies via his telescope.
There's a small caravan and camping site on Brown Clee where we've stayed but the name escapes me for now.
Yes a short drive to Clee Hill and all the views behind the site. 👌👌👌👌When the mist has gone you then see the Shropshire Hills AONB. Hope to go back there early spring 2021🍺🍺🍺

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you walk to the radar mast at the top of Tittensor Hill you can see Shropshire Staffordshire Worcestershire West Midlands and Warwickshire on a clear day.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Parksy i hope your eldest son had a great wild night camping looking at the stars and the views are fantastic

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve, that‘s one mother of a walk ! You can drive almost all the way but the terrain is rough and full of pot holes and wet. But I do agree the view is probably o e of the best in England. There are similar and better in Scotland😎😎😎😎, ok calm down Nicola🤪🤪🤪

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Steve, that‘s one mother of a walk ! You can drive almost all the way but the terrain is rough and full of pot holes and wet. But I do agree the view is probably o e of the best in England. There are similar and better in Scotland😎😎😎😎, ok calm down Nicola🤪🤪🤪
My eldest son does it with his pup tent and primus stove, but I'd never make it to the radar mast now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts