Woosie Club

Page 299 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, hope those of you at Woosiefest are weathering Storm Alex safely. Sadly, Mat and I won’t be joining you as whmbe was taken into hospital at midnight with severe abdominal pains. He may have gall bladder trouble . Will keep you updated. Enjoy, Claire

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Claire. I had mine removed in January, what a relief. Hope all goes well, I had to wait 24 hrs on antibiotics to get it down first. Then 4 days in Recovery.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Hutch. Mat is on iv antibiotics, for an ‘infection’. Did you spend all that tome in hospital? I still don’t know when he’s coming home.
Yes called 111 at 4 pm. Thought it was Possible heart attack. Pain went from stomach to left side of chest. After 4 hrs. 999 called 10 minutes later the confirmed not heart. Told to go A & E. At 11 pm CT scan confirmed Gall bladder. Antibiotics for 24 hrs then key hole surgery. Stayed in another 3 days. Walking wounded for next two weeks. No more indigestion. Good luck. Please don't worry. Safe easy op.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dusty dog, Terri and Myself and Elaine had Great lunch at The Rock. Landlady Ruth was great. Nothing like we were led to believe. Cider was great, beer good wine. Price was OK. Going back no complaint from me
But where is Kev. Its heaving it down again. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Yes called 111 at 4 pm. Thought it was Possible heart attack. Pain went from stomach to left side of chest. After 4 hrs. 999 called 10 minutes later the confirmed not heart. Told to go A & E. At 11 pm CT scan confirmed Gall bladder. Antibiotics for 24 hrs then key hole surgery. Stayed in another 3 days. Walking wounded for next two weeks. No more indigestion. Good luck. Please don't worry. Safe easy op.
Glad you've got your gall bladder dealt with - for those whose poor health precludes full anaesthetic, an alternative procedure under sedation is to put a probe down the throat, through the stomach and remove gall stones from the duct - I had that done to rectify repeated pancreatitis.

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Hutch. Theres a small possibility it will be done today, otherwise ‘soon’ which worries me. He's still on the iv but I told him to ask about eating as he’s just sick each time he eats. I guess they know what they are doing. I’ll pass your experience on to him. Thanks again x

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Hutch. Theres a small possibility it will be done today, otherwise ‘soon’ which worries me. He's still on the iv but I told him to ask about eating as he’s just sick each time he eats. I guess they know what they are doing. I’ll pass your experience on to him. Thanks again x
Hopefully he will be fine soon, but no longer having to suffer the excruciating pain that follows just a small amount of fat in your meal comes as a blessed relief. Good luck.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Claire, this may be cold comfort but the fact that this has come to a crisis may be a blessing. My colleague is really suffering with her gall bladder and is existing on dry toast. She is on a long waiting list and has eventually decided that the only way forward is to go privately. At least the crisis means gall bladder out, and , as Hutch says, much better once recovery sets in. Hope all is well soon. Prayers with you.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That’s a real shame Claire😥. Terri had her gall bladder out with key hole surgery.Took her a few weeks to fully recover otherwise no bad side effects. No more pain. Hope is sorted soon💋💋

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well the Waterrow Wet fest. Had a good lunch. 8 of us on two tables well apart and all feeling good., The rain has at last stopped. Great to see folk. Claire we all hope Mat recovers easily.

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Glad you've got your gall bladder dealt with - for those whose poor health precludes full anaesthetic, an alternative procedure under sedation is to put a probe down the throat, through the stomach and remove gall stones from the duct - I had that done to rectify repeated pancreatitis.
I hope its ok, now? Mat had his gall bladder removed via keyhole surgery. He has 4 holes, so I guess they lost the key! he's on the mend but says things don’t taste right.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I hope its ok, now? Mat had his gall bladder removed via keyhole surgery. He has 4 holes, so I guess they lost the key! he's on the mend but says things don’t taste right.
Yes, thank you, I've not had any issues since it was done although I've been advised it may need doing again at some point in the future - that's the benefit of gall bladder removal as stones can't form there.

Hope Mat continues to recover well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts