Woosie Club

Page 339 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We await a proclamation on this matter from His Worthiness - King Copterman.
Think Lady Mel hit it on the head a few post back, when she duly pointed out that copterman (love that one) has had alot of responsibility over the last few years and I think it was declared that every woosie (A committee) could contribute and chuck some ideas around and see what we come up with.
I mentioned Norfolk, Gafferbill Lake district, indeed yourself around the M6.
So any more contributions folks?

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
just reading this so can i ask if you picked a site with a rally field would you need to have an exception certificate with insurance or whatever its called to use the rally field? As there are a few sites that have rally fields dotted about the uk
Hello Chatter, I have been out of the Woosie loop for a bit, My apologies to all. Over the last few years, most of the Woosies have requested to have a site, that has some fully serviced pitches, also normal pitches.
We have found several great places, but recently some sites have not wanted to have more than 3 vans in a group. Luckily for the last Woosie fest Dusty Dog found a good site in Yorkshire and with Mel's Silver talking we managed to get the full site, next to a pub. Dates and venues are always a pain to arrange.
A Spring meet up will be great, Dave A1has suggested over his way. Melton Mowbury. But maybe towards Gloucestershire.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Myself I would love to go back up to that site just below the lakes, Ingelton, good pub not too far away. That is if Anseo would be willing to come down,

We are open for any dates preferably not bank holidays but still ok with them.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello Chatter, I have been out of the Woosie loop for a bit, My apologies to all. Over the last few years, most of the Woosies have requested to have a site, that has some fully serviced pitches, also normal pitches.
We have found several great places, but recently some sites have not wanted to have more than 3 vans in a group. Luckily for the last Woosie fest Dusty Dog found a good site in Yorkshire and with Mel's Silver talking we managed to get the full site, next to a pub. Dates and venues are always a pain to arrange.
A Spring meet up will be great, Dave A1has suggested over his way. Melton Mowbury. But maybe towards Gloucestershire.
Not a bad pint either. I'm open to any dates, apart from bank holidays. Trouble is Spring and early summer is peppered with them.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Myself I would love to go back up to that site just below the lakes, Ingelton, good pub not too far away. That is if Anseo would be willing to come down,

We are open for any dates preferably not bank holidays but still ok with them.

Hi Hutch,

I know how difficult it is to arrange meets to suit everyone (as said before - it is not possible).

Ingleton and area is doable for me if that helps your Kingliness in his endeavours to achieve the impossible.

If you do go to Ingleton there will be great changes to the site, before we left last time there was a major construction of new pitches etc. underway.

Awras Hutch.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
That Thornbrook site looks very nice. Shall we assume that anyone interested declares themselves and becomes part of the organisation committee!
We would be interested.
If we want to avoid school hols and bank hols the Spring options ( Thursday to Monday; although many of us do longer) are:
20-24 April
11-15 May
18-22 May

Unless anyone is keen for March or June. Otherwise an Autumn meet?
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That Thornbrook site looks very nice. Shall we assume that anyone interested declares themselves and becomes part of the organisation committee!
We would be interested.
If we want to avoid school hols and bank hols the Spring options ( Thursday to Monday; although many of us do longer) are:
20-24 April
11-15 May
18-22 May

Mel
When is the Coronation holiday?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
We would be interested.
20-24 April
11-15 May
18-22 May

Mel
Interested any date. At the moment.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We have the builders here for next 8-10 weeks then Coronation weekend is my big 70 bash. We planned to go way north shortly thereafter. Sutherland is the target with stops by Harrogate and Belford near Lindisfarne on the way up. September all month is free.
whilst FSP are desirable they are not a deal breaker for us. When were you all thinking of date wise. We can juggle things after 6 th May

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We would be interested.
20-24 April
11-15 May
18-22 May

Mel

Cant make a decision until the end of the month but I would favour the 18-22 May, only as it would be our wedding anniversary!!!
But as usual we will go with the majority, any of the two May dates would suit us better.

Reactions: DaveA1
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just had interest from Chris, on the Forum about our Secret clubbing There is no Secret. , Chris , you might see that Dusty dog, and Kev, have as, senior Knights of the round table a BAR in their tags, that's Bought a Round, very rare,
Dave A1,( Sir Ducktail) came along to his first Woosie fest an his contribution to the Jacobs table was astounding.
I am looking for a site for us all to meet up after May. With the help of the other Woosies, but anyone else is welcome.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We would be interested.
20-24 April
11-15 May
18-22 May

Mel
Mel We are interested again May for us is good, how about anyone else.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
We would be interested.
20-24 April
11-15 May
18-22 May

Mel
Cannot make the 19th May Doctors, rest still clear.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Two incidents this weekend may qualify me for Woosie membership. Saturday, I took my caravan out of the storage and forgot to lift the jockey wheel.
Today, had the n/s front wheel off the car to check something with the brakes. Arriving back after a five mile test drive, I suddenly wondered what I had done with my locking wheel nut key. After frantically searching for it I suddenly spotted it… still attached to my locking wheel nut on the wheel, by sheer miracle it had stayed right there where I left it. At least I remembered to torque the wheel nuts up though! Or did I ? Might double check before I leave for work tomorrow!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am struggling now until Sept. May is busy Booked an all inclusive non Caravanning holiday for June, then taking the kids camping end July then it is school hols.
But please, those who can meet up should.
Glad Chris is on board
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s my big milestone in May and we will be away all month. At the moment we nothing booked for September. Happy to go wherever. North , you can’t beat the Lindisfarne area.
Lakes fine , South and West coast ok but maybe too far south for most. So you guys choose. Earlier rather than later for good weather.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think Mid country would probably be best as more central for everyone or maybe Welsh Wales, I don't think we have been there, Dusty when does your Scottish tour start. ?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......I'm right out of the loop for at least a couple of months :(
Lots of hospital visits coming up for me to deal with a problem and hopefully get it sorted.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
.......I'm right out of the loop for at least a couple of months :(
Lots of hospital visits coming up for me to deal with a problem and hopefully get it sorted.
No problems Bill , We are Hospital Bound this month for check ups so April to mid May are out for us, Hope all goes well for you,

Reactions: Gafferbill
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I think Mid country would probably be best as more central for everyone or maybe Welsh Wales, I don't think we have been there, Dusty when does your Scottish tour start. ?
Hutch , we will be at Strathclyde Country Club circa 10th May, a couple of nights then heading upto Sutherland

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts