Woosie Club

Page 344 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch
We have been considering this place for April early May. . Wooler is a smart tidy place with good beer and food. Not too far from Seahouses for boat trips around the Farne islands and Holy Island Lindisfarne itself. My idea is to combine it with few weeks up Sutherland Ross and Cromarty. May suit Sir Haggis but yes it is a long haul.
I’ll give it more thought next week once Terri recovers. In hospital now with pneumonia .
A lot of sites have cabins for rent which may suit those not tugging, cheers DD

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hutch
We have been considering this place for April early May. . Wooler is a smart tidy place with good beer and food. Not too far from Seahouses for boat trips around the Farne islands and Holy Island Lindisfarne itself. My idea is to combine it with few weeks up Sutherland Ross and Cromarty. May suit Sir Haggis but yes it is a long haul.
I’ll give it more thought next week once Terri recovers. In hospital now with pneumonia .
That's a bit of a Buzzer, give Terri our best, does that cross Xmas away, for now.
Your trying hard to get us up that way aren't you.

Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
Have you ever visited Croft Farm Waterpark near Tewksbury, just a suggestion for the Woosies meet. I have been there once but not to stay i bought my van that was in storage there. It looked good there is a cafe etc on site.
I know i've not been on much recently but this last year was a write off for me and at present am recovering from an op, having had a part of my lungs removed along with the cancer found there infact drove my car for the first time in some months today

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hutch
Would love to see both you and Terri, and any others of course, wherever you will be we will try to meet up.

But for now, please give Lady Villa our best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

Tell Terri that my wife is looking forward to seeing themselves together again and enjoying their dance and music favourites.

Hope we can see you soon Terri, all the best to you (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Give our best to Terri, DD. Hope she is better soon.
May be a bit expensive but we have considered, but not been to, this one
mel
We went there some years ago and it is a nice site. Handy for Glastonbury, Wells, and Street. We got a cheap deal, but it was not what we wanted from a campsite. The toilet block is second to none. But we're very happy to use our own facilities, so did not wish to pay a premium for the facilities.

I remember arriving and wishing to use the loo before we were set up. There was a building with vent pipes coming out of the roof so I assumed it was the toilet block. I went to the entrance and there was a sign advertising food, the front had large glass windows, and on the other side was a lounge with leather setees and nice paintings on the wall. So I looked elsewhere for the loo.

I ended up back at the ‘lounge’. Blow me. It is the toilet block.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Have you ever visited Croft Farm Waterpark near Tewksbury, just a suggestion for the Woosies meet. I have been there once but not to stay i bought my van that was in storage there. It looked good there is a cafe etc on site.
I know i've not been on much recently but this last year was a write off for me and at present am recovering from an op, having had a part of my lungs removed along with the cancer found there infact drove my car for the first time in some months today
Thanks for the head up on that place, I am sure everyone on the Forum wish you well for the future and a lasting recovery.
Hutch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hope you continue to make a good recovery and can go touring in 2024 and beyond. 👍

Reactions: chatter

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hutch. Can I suggest you just pick a site that you are happy to go to. We all have lives with complications so getting a group commitment to place or date is tricky as we have learned. We are happy with any listed. We like Northumberland a lot so happy to go North. Just choose a place and date and we, and I hope others, will do our best to join you.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Mel, just hoping to get more ideas, for different sites. .
It has also given us a few more sites to get away to.
Only appointment we are waiting door now is Elaine's second Cataract op. Hopefully within the next 6 weeks.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
no1-Santa-Fe.jpg

.......just done first trip out with the Santa Fe to a 3 night rally at Salisbury C&CC site near the City centre.
Rally organised by the East Dorset Caravan Club at only £23.40/night....very good as electricity wasn't metered.
Excellent site for a winter break .....loads to do.
Tow bar all worked as it should (fitted it myself).....didn't loose the caravan!!
Towcar was great :)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hutch....the caravan is level.
The pitch slopes away at the front of the caravan!

M el....for a Woosie meet there you would have to be a member of the C&CC (I'm not....We were only allowed in as members of a CAMC rally)

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
no1-Santa-Fe.jpg

.......just done first trip out with the Santa Fe to a 3 night rally at Salisbury C&CC site near the City centre.
Rally organised by the East Dorset Caravan Club at only £23.40/night....very good as electricity wasn't metered.
Tow bar all worked as it should (fitted it myself).....didn't loose the caravan!!
Are you sure thats not a photo from your archive Gafferbill. the suns out!!!!
Glad you enjoyed and all went well with the new tow car.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
no1-Santa-Fe.jpg

I see you are still weight training with your wheel lock. 😃

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hutch....the caravan is level.
The pitch slopes away at the front of the caravan!

M el....for a Woosie meet there you would have to be a member of the C&CC (I'm not....We were only allowed in as members of a CAMC rally)
Thanks Bill. They do accept non members at that site, but possibly not for a group meet.
mel

TRENDING THREADS