Woosie Club

Page 338 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Beat me to it Dave. Was going to raise the same question. We talked about a Spring meet at the last Woosiefest. Any thoughts on dates first, before we all book ourselves up.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks, I know a Spring meet up was suggested, I haven't been able to get my head around things, a couple of family issues, Mel, June is getting towards the mid year, Thanks Kev for noticing the group thing, that is happening a lot now, .

How many folk are interested , and depending on where we live we can try and find a site, how say the Woosies. We are free from mid February.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
As I understand it we are now a temporary republic so don’t feel pressure to organise anything Hutch. You have more than done your bit! A committee approach will do it. Happy to help.
We would be interested. March, April/early May would be great bearing in mind that there are now a stupid number of Bank holidays in May. Don’t mind where we go.
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Any one fancy Norfolk area?

Ive not really been to that area except Kings Lynn on a training course many moons ago.

Or if any one has an idea of an area we could start looking and see whats about and decide dates a bit later.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks, I know a Spring meet up was suggested, I haven't been able to get my head around things, a couple of family issues, Mel, June is getting towards the mid year, Thanks Kev for noticing the group thing, that is happening a lot now, .

How many folk are interested , and depending on where we live we can try and find a site, how say the Woosies. We are free from mid February.
I would like to meet you all sometime but this week booked in Cumbria in February 11th - - 18th 2023 (Ruby Anniversary)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I would love to have a meet up again, distance is a considerable factor for me though.

The closest Woosie meet I have been to was a mere 4.5 hours drive (Ingleton).
The next closest was a 6 hour drive.
Others have taken as long as 9.5 hours driving.

Maybe I should get a sports twin turbo caravan. :tonguewink:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I would love to have a meet up again, distance is a considerable factor for me though.

The closest Woosie meet I have been to was a mere 4.5 hours drive (Ingleton).
The next closest was a 6 hour drive.
Others have taken as long as 9.5 hours driving.

Maybe I should get a sports twin turbo caravan. :tonguewink:

Would be great to see you both again. Is there an area that is better motorway wise that Kev and Bill could also get to. Is the east side of the country or the west better?
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We live in the midlands so most places are fine for us. Norfolk is good. Bit of a way for you though Kev?
Mel
Just chucking some miles around Mel
I see Pickering North Yorks was 334
Great Yarmouth Norfork would be 329
Keswick Lake District would be 357
So much all the same really.

Reactions: Mel
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Would be great to see you both again. Is there an area that is better motorway wise that Kev and Bill could also get to. Is the east side of the country or the west better?
Mel
Hi Mel, likewise it would be lovely to meet up with you and that kind man with the Welsh malty stuff.

I appreciate your consideration on this, when looking at the map it is easier to get to locations releatively close to the M6, everywhere on the East coast (even in southern Scotland) are very time consuming and also inevitably mean encountering less than ideal roads.

Lake district and general area is as good as it gets for me with regard to locations in England.

I understand how difficult it must be for any Queen or King to organise a meet that suits everyone, its not possible is the reality.

I hope we can all get together soon one day, wherever that may be.
Regards and Best Wishes to you both. 🥂

Reactions: Mel
Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
just reading this so can i ask if you picked a site with a rally field would you need to have an exception certificate with insurance or whatever its called to use the rally field? As there are a few sites that have rally fields dotted about the uk

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
just reading this so can i ask if you picked a site with a rally field would you need to have an exception certificate with insurance or whatever its called to use the rally field? As there are a few sites that have rally fields dotted about the uk

We await a proclamation on this matter from His Worthiness - King Copterman.

TRENDING THREADS