Word Verification Box - Important!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The Mollom anti-spam software for this website is very good at keeping unwanted content off the forum, but occasionally it mis-identifies genuine forum members who then have to fill in the 'Captcha' affirmation box before they submit forum posts.
If YOU have to fill in this box please let me know by copying this post and adding your forum username underneath.
If I can identify those who have problems caused by software when trying to use the forum I can do something about it.
smiley-smile.gif

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
The Mollom anti-spam software for this website is very good at keeping unwanted content off the forum, but occasionally it mis-identifies genuine forum members who then have to fill in the 'Captcha' affirmation box before they submit forum posts.
If YOU have to fill in this box please let me know by copying this post and adding your forum username underneath.
If I can identify those who have problems caused by software when trying to use the forum I can do something about it.
smiley-smile.gif

me too: paws
thanks Parksy

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
smiley-smile.gif

Me too johnandrew70 thanks Parksy this has been driving me nuts
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
smiley-smile.gif

Happening to me, Tukums.
Thanks

May 7, 2012
Visit site
smiley-smile.gif

I had thought it was happening to everyone.

Ray Wood

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Apologies for the delay in getting this anti spam software issue sorted out, I have been away in the caravan and am only just beginning to catch up, so thank you for your patience.
I have now sent a list to Masimba, my helpful contact at Haymarket in the abscence of any replacement digital editor as yet.
He will add all those listed to the safe user list, if there are any more forumites affected please let me know so that we can deal with it.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Parksy. Please include me in the ones that are having to be verified befor a post can be submitted,even when it has gone on its way and needs editing it still requires a verification exercise.
This one was fpKAG

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Those who added their names before my previous post should now be able to use the forum without having to complete the verification.
I will forward your details along with anyone else who is affected when the Haymarket office re-opens on Monday Travelling Rooster

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
No Terry, it shoudn't be normal, no wonder the forum has been so quiet of late
smiley-frown.gif

I will of course add your details to the others which will be forwarded tomorrow.
Haymarket in their infinite wisdom decided to raise the threshold which the anti-spam software operates at which has made it more 'severe', but they didn't bother letting either Damian or myself know about it until I began to ask them to add our forumites to their safe user list.
This has meant that far too many of our loyal and in many cases long serving forum members have been forced to complete this word verification every time that they try to post a comment, and this is unacceptable.
Our members deserve far better than this, a point which I intend to raise with the new digital editor whoever they may be if and when Haymarket decide to appoint a replacement for former D.E. Nigel Donnelly who has left for pastures new.
I realsed that something was wrong when this forum was deathly quiet when other caravan forums were thriving as normal well run forums do.
Further investigation revealed what the problem seems to be, but I never realised the scale of the disruption caused to forumites until I began to ask for members to add their names to my list if they were affected by this issue.
I can only apologise and try to have things put right by Haymarket, but Haymarket really need to decide if they want an internet forum and if they do they need to take some responsibility and to support it.
I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm fighting a losing battle here at times.
smiley-undecided.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts