Working farms?

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

We've just bought our first caravan, a Bailey Pageant Provence. We want to make the most of our time with the children before they grow up. We've booked our first trip to Jacob's Mount in Scarborough, but have been looking for a good site somewhere on a farm. I'm imagining somewhere where the lads can help a bit on the farm maybe, feed the animals, collect eggs?....that sort of thing.

Does anybody have any ideas if such a site exists please?

Thanks. Dave.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Dave

How I wish these days were here again. We have children visit our CL and would love to take them to see the animals up close. BUT we have to look at the risk. Children today have no Resistance to bugs, and like it or not farms have lots of bugs and we cannot take the risk of any visitor catching something. also as part of our quality assurance any visitor has to be booked in and out and must not have been on another farm for 48hrs before. You may find somewhere but it would be more a good life outfit than a modern food production farm.

David from Suffolk

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dave and family,

We have just booked to go to Humblebee farm in flixton Scarborough, it has a Duck pond, two Jack Russels and you can collect eggs from the chickens (hens), you would have to look for yourself if theres anymore,

Jacquie and family

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
David, thanks for the reply. I do understand your point. It's quite a sad world now isn't it that kids can't do the things we would have maybe done with out a thought.

Jo, that sounds fantastic and I'll have a look. We're planning on going anywhere and everywhere, so it's a good place to start.

Jacquie. Thanks for your idea. We love the Yorkshire coast, and I've seen this place on the net, so I will have a look.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts