World cup Rugby

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone following the matches besides ourselves? Two interesting matches today. One is probably a forgone conclusion, but the other this evening with Wales and Fiji could be interesting.

We support South Africa, England and Wales in that order when they are not playing each other. When they are playing each other we support neither and sit back and enjoy the game and hope it is good with minimal kicking the ball back and forth! (y) :)

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Doing our best to follow it.
Enjoyed the opener between France and New Zealand and last nights game between England and Argentina.
Hopefully watching both the Scotland and Wales games today.

Reactions: Buckman

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Both OH and I are Welsh and proud and spent many teenage hours freezing to death on muddy hillsides where the rugby pitch was mowed by sheep, watching the local rugby
team. This was an interest in Rugby on his part and nothing else to do in the Welsh Valleys on my part.
Anyway, he is glued to the Rugby World Cup. Supporting Wales, obviously, and anyone who is playing against England.
Me, I am fed up of it already.
Enjoy
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just got back to hotel room and tuned in for Wales Fiji, if we can stay awake to see it all. Loved international days when we lived in Cardiff plus the Friday to Monday weekends for the away matches.

Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
I support England but the boy supports Scotland. We've been to the recent Scottish games, so it was a shame they lost their comeback knack against SA. Been very entertaining to watch of late. England on the other hand I guess we'll call that a good result ...

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion Scotland played a very good game and were better than Wales against SA. We didn't watch Wales last night, but readin up on it, it seems that they struggled against Fiji, but main thing is that they won. If I get a chance we will try and watch the match later today.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
f anyone is interested, a friend of a friend bought a ticket for the World Cup Rugby in France without realizing the date for the Springboks vs Ireland coincided with his own wedding date.

If you know of anyone who is free and wants to go in his place, it's at Worcester Cathedral, Worcester on 23rd September and the bride's name is Caroline.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
f anyone is interested, a friend of a friend bought a ticket for the World Cup Rugby in France without realizing the date for the Springboks vs Ireland coincided with his own wedding date.

If you know of anyone who is free and wants to go in his place, it's at Worcester Cathedral, Worcester on 23rd September and the bride's name is Caroline.
What is year of manufacture, MIRO and how many previous owners?

Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
England were pretty dismal, only the somewhat stunted offence of Japan really helped them. Hapless kicking game that only found anything in the last 10 minutes. It felt alot like the pressure was really getting to them and only once they'd pretty much secured the game did they show any real flair.

Fiji on the otherhand were bloody awesome. Such ferocious play around the breakdown. They'd have completely destroyed England.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
England were pretty dismal, only the somewhat stunted offence of Japan really helped them. Hapless kicking game that only found anything in the last 10 minutes. It felt alot like the pressure was really getting to them and only once they'd pretty much secured the game did they show any real flair.

Fiji on the otherhand were bloody awesome. Such ferocious play around the breakdown. They'd have completely destroyed England.
Fiji have always been a fairly strong team, but was a bit surprised that they creamed Australia. I wonder how much longer Eddie Jones is going to have his job? :unsure:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Two great matches this weekend and treat for rugby fans. Today South Africa vs Ireland and both are first class strong teams. Tomorrow is Wales vs Australia and Australia have not being doing to well. My money is on Wales winning especially as OH is a Taffy!

Interesting times ahead.

Reactions: Mel and otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That was their world class team so Wales did every supporter, cat and dog proud and no one can say otherwise.
Australia was 6th in January 2023 in the world rankings, 9th at the start of the World Cup, and are now 10th after yesterdays defeat by Wales. It was a joy to watch the match. Our son and his partner arrived home from his local near Maesteg quite the worse for celebrating so enthusiastically

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That was their world class team so Wales did every supporter, cat and dog proud and no one can say otherwise.
I think it is the first time they have not made it into the quarter finals. Hopefully one of our other favourite teams will progress to semi finals after the defeat on Saturday.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Watch a bit of France and South Africa the first half and saw six tries shared between the sides and the lead swung one way or another and very entertaining now south Africa faced England who edge Fiji now progress to semi finals

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What a tremendous nail biting game last night between France and South Africa. We were so happy at winning we were crying.

Oops next game for SA is against England. My prediction for runner up is Argentina vs England and South Africa vs All Blacks for final.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
What a tremendous nail biting game last night between France and South Africa. We were so happy at winning we were crying.

Oops next game for SA is against England. My prediction for runner up is Argentina vs England and South Africa vs All Blacks for final.
The odds are very short. Hardly worth a bet , or is it?
England 9/2 . SA 2/9.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts