World cup Rugby

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I lived in Wales for four years and remember going to Stradey Park in Autumn 1972. In a hard close fought match The Scarlets beat the All Blacks. It was a fantastic atmosphere and after the match in the pubs the Kiwi fans were handing out fern leaf badges. Great times.

Looking forward to two good games, but why do the authorities arrange a Bronze playoff. All the losing semi finalists would want to do is fly home not hang around for a week. Purely financial greed by the organisers.
Been like that for years. I think that it is a good decision as it determines 3rd place ranking in rugby. I do wonder if the Argies will beta England if they ended up facing one another?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Been like that for years. I think that it is a good decision as it determines 3rd place ranking in rugby. I do wonder if the Argies will beta England if they ended up facing one another?
The Lions and Argies will be a match to behold. Bring it on! Sadly England’s name is not on the final imo.😥😥.Hope we don’t get thrashed tonight. Don’t mind losing but being embarrassed is heart breaking

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Lions and Argies will be a match to behold. Bring it on! Sadly England’s name is not on the final imo.😥😥.Hope we don’t get thrashed tonight. Don’t mind losing but being embarrassed is heart breaking
Normally when England are playing we are rooting for them as long as it is not against Wales(I value my life) or South Africa. LOL!

Today I dragged out my old 1999 South African rugby jersey from the dark depths of the wardrobe to wear to the local today. Unfortunately we came a third that year and lets hope it is not repeated this year. :LOL: :LOL:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What a semi final between England v South Africa a very interesting match we played so well but to lose 15-16 .
Look forward to the final South Africa v New Zealand

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Normally when England are playing we are rooting for them as long as it is not against Wales(I value my life) or South Africa. LOL!

Today I dragged out my old 1999 South African rugby jersey from the dark depths of the wardrobe to wear to the local today. Unfortunately we came a third that year and lets hope it is not repeated this year. :LOL: :LOL:
Have you unclenched your buttocks yet?
I will be drinking Ramsbury Haka ale next week with some biltong bought from the local town market where there is a SA lady who has a stall. No buttock clenching needed, just look forward to a good match.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion the Springboks play was very scrappy and England relied on the boot too much, At one point I was wondering if we were watching a tennis match. The France vs SA match was a real quality game!

Overall I think England played the better game and would have won if they had not relied on the boot.

However next week will be boerewors, biltong and beer weekend. If SA play like they did yesterday, then NZ will win and we will need even more beer to drown our sorrows. :LOL:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion the Springboks play was very scrappy and England relied on the boot too much, At one point I was wondering if we were watching a tennis match. The France vs SA match was a real quality game!

Overall I think England played the better game and would have won if they had not relied on the boot.

However next week will be boerewors, biltong and beer weekend. If SA play like they did yesterday, then NZ will win and we will need even more beer to drown our sorrows. :LOL:
I think you need more nails for that match :D(y)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Springboks will need to pull something out of the bag and seriously up their game to avoid a massacre. Perhaps England were far better than most expected.
Two great matches to look forward to👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Springboks will need to pull something out of the bag and seriously up their game to avoid a massacre. Perhaps England were far better than most expected.
Two great matches to look forward to👍
I agree regarding the Springboks needing to pull up their socks and they were very lucky yesterday getting that penalty kick in the last couple of minutes.

However a great comeback from England as I did not hold out much hope for them initially when the tournament started.

The 6 nations trophy will be won by England this year if they carry on playing the way they did yesterday! They will defeat Ireland!

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I saw a interesting match last night England complete there Rugby World Cup overcame Argentina with a victory and finish third -place (Bronze Medal) play off in Paris

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So come on you fans! Who’s got the beer and nibbles and swear cards ready? Not long now .Will this be Buckman’s nemesis or his excuse to down a celebratory six bottles of Stellenbosch, Faithful Hound vin rouge🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷😂😂

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So come on you fans! Who’s got the beer and nibbles and swear cards ready? Not long now .Will this be Buckman’s nemesis or his excuse to down a celebratory six bottles of Stellenbosch, Faithful Hound vin rouge🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷😂😂
Well I’m hedging my bets and just want to see a good match. I’ve got a couple of Ramsbury Brewery Hakas and really splashed out for a pack of Biltong. Just a penny short of £4 for 50gms. At £80kg these Boks must be well off. 🇿🇦 versus 🇳🇿

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Saw a fantastic match between two teams the All Blacks and Boks this was close in the score i bet someone has no nails left after this game

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It was nail biting. Just my opinion, but too much footie and not enough rugby. Yellow and red cards were being dished out more then normal however the New Zealand skipper Cane certainly deserved his red card.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I was not aware that Roger Federer's mother was a South African and he holds dual nationality. That is why he was at the game yesterday.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The conditions were appalling. The Blacks made mistakes that stopped them scoring two tries... IMHO Wayne Barnes had a great game
One try in the second half was disallowed because of SA actions in a line out just prior to the AB crossing the line for what would have been a cracking try. So Barnes had to disallow it after TMO review.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What an utter feast its been for Rugby fans, the semis were awesome!
I think that one of the best matches was France vs South Africa. It was a shame that Ireland or France never made it into the semi finals as they are both excellent teams. I think that with 5 nations it will be a close call between those two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts