Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a Welsh man and with no interest in football be it the round one or the oval one I for one will be glad when all this rubbish is over. At the end of the three weeks of play there will no doubt be the post mortum of what should have been done, etc. Surely to goodness there are more important things to be considered than 22 grown "children" kicking a ball around and three grown "children" there to make sure they do it correctly.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Colin

I fuly understand your views in the same way I cannot stand soaps on tv.

However the world cup only happens every 4 years and lasts a few weeks only.

As an Englishman I am proud the English team have made it to South Africa.

Come on, indulge us in a bit of national pride!

Cheers

Dustydog

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
If you dont like,you dont have to watch it.

Personnally I just love it,the beautiful game.My youngest son has taken a fortnight off work so he doesnt miss any!!!

So the flags are on the house,bunting on the pergola,ballons in the trees,and the vuvuzalas are in full swing.The party has just begun.

Three lions on a shirt,Jules Rimet still dreaming...........

Come On ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
At the moment it is more exciting watching the washing tumble over or the paint drying than football. How come a non football nation draws with a nation which eats, breathes, sleeps and dreams football? Same happened with Bafana Bafana the SA team???

G

Is that a prediction Colin, as for how long England will be in the tournament? "3 weeks" cuzz the tournament actually last nearer 5 weeks...LOL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Two points have been raised on this topic by various contributers.

Initially a comment was made with reference to the soaps on TV. To this comment I will 100% agree - Eastenders, etc. are a total waste of electricity, time, etc. Reality TV programmes such as Britain Got Talent, Big Brother, etc. are likewise rubbish and should be binned. I was asked today what I thought of the Jeremy Kyle show on TV. As this is a family orientated forum I will leave my reply to your imagination so as not to offend any person (or mods LOL).

Secondly a comment was made regarding my prediction of England being out after 3 weeks. The original posting was my knowledge that this farce only lasted 3 weeks no matter who won. For it to go on for 5 weeks is beyond belief. This will now make me more eager to get the car fixed and disappear once again off into the sunset in the caravan away from it all.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Colin

Best I tell you now that I, FIL, Uncle, SIL , & Cousins are taking our 5 outfits down to Cornwall for 3 weeks .

I am afraid we will be watching the Footie, outside if the weather's good.

I'd hate to ruin your hols but if you see us footie louts please feel free to join us for a beer.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dusty - not all football fans are louts/hooligans - my prospective son in law is an ardent Cardiff City supporter and will not have a bad thing said about them. He also has his own garage business and it is now an established company in Bridgend. I am sure that you and your relatives are all respectable members of the community.

All I can say to you is if you enjoy football then go ahead and hopefully the weather will also be in your favour. I hope that you all have a jolly good time and that the results are what you want ie England to win the cup. Just one piece of advice DON'T GET DRUNK (LOL).

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have declared Switzerland on this topic; but I did chuckle when Englands (or is that Engerland) first and only goal yesterday did not get broadcast to anyone watching on HD cos some idiot leaned on the "play adverts" button.

mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Colin

If those VooVooZella things get blown anymore we shall watch the matches in silence , but with a few screams of GOAL !

Whoever invented tyhem should be shot. I hope they never reach the English stadiums.

Cheers

Dustydog

G

There is as much chance of England winning as Obama saying nice things about BP, but enjoy watching

My money is on Germany or Brazil

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
IMO Germany only looked good because Australia were so poor.

Holland may go the whole way. My wild card is South Korea.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Colin

If those VooVooZella things get blown anymore we shall watch the matches in silence , but with a few screams of GOAL !

Whoever invented tyhem should be shot. I hope they never reach the English stadiums.

Cheers

Dustydog
Have you got something against South African culture after all English chant at their games?

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Dusty,

we were away with another couple and their kids at Gosford Forest Park, Markethill, at the weekend and we also set up the TV outside for the football, a few beers, some old friends, some new friends, ,sun splitting the trees, Excellent weekend.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The reason the Germans are the only team that has played well so far is because they are the only country who have been playing with this 'new' Jubalani' ball. They started using it in the Bundesleague six months ago.

It is obvious from the lack of goals and poor shooting that there is something wrong with the ball as well as complaints from players and coaches alike. The complaints regarding those one tone horns are also justified despite the S.Africans saying they are their twelth man because it hasn't worked. It now looks like they are going to be knocked out and if they do let's hope they knock the horns on the head :O)

Tonight I'm going to sit through another 90 minutes of torture after trying, and probably failing miserably, to convince myself that Ingerrlund cannot play badly five games in a row.

In my travels I have to say that the most patriotic supporters I've seen are those on the I.O.W. where a lot more people are flying our flag on cars and homes. On the negative side they also have the worse potholes I've come across ... heh! heh! heh!

All the best from a cloudy but humid Black Knowl.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
According to the online news reports Capello has dropped Rob Green for tonight's match against Algeria.

The only problem is that Calamity James is his replacement.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
According to my understanding James was always the number one choice but didn't play last week because of an injury.

Today he is apparently match fit and thus able to play if chosen.

Poor Green has been crucified by the media and no doubt his career will now go down the road of Scott Carson.

Success has many mothers , failure is an orphan.

Cheers

Dustydog

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Before yesterday match Robert Green faced 4000 shots at goal in training and non were scored, Fabio was very impressed and said that him and Heskey can now join the others in training!!!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Those horns originated with a religious sect known as the Shembe Baptist in South Africa and they were used to celebrate religious festivities.

Strangely enough they have no interest in football or money but want to be recognised as the originator of the horn. Not sure if that is such a good idea now.

have a read at http://biznews.tradekool.com/8318/1/History_of_the_vuvuzela_The_fight_for_the_right_to_the_horn.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts