world cup

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You need to press 'Reply to Topic' for your replies to be seen Taff, the comment button is useless and should be scrapped.

Of course I'd never dream of mentioning a foreign rivals opening line of their national anthem when Wales qualify for a major football tournament.

I can say this with every confidence because it will never ever happen - rofl!!!

I wonder if it's worth learning the words to a song of my own?

How does it go???

I remember!!

'Was all over my Jealousy

My crime was my bad Jealousy'

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In the Euro 2008 matches, we were in the bar at Salbris, (campsite in France - lovely, at the side of a lake, and very friendly manager and staff) and the clientele was mainly Dutch and French. In the bar the manager jokingly set 'sides' a Dutch side and a French side when the football was on. He knew we were English (perhaps the only English on site), and laughingly asked us 'Which side are you sitting? You must choose'. We chose the French side, but when Holland scored my OH picked up his plastic chair and his beer, and changed 'sides'.

This caused such a laugh from both sides, and some good humoured jokes about each of the nationalities, that firstly we were bought a drink by a Dutch couple, and then the bar manager gave us a bottle of wine for adding to the atmosphere!

We had a really good night - and neither of us watch football normally! In fact, what was the result this afternoon........ haven't heard.........!!!!

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Parksy,

As a Welshman Living in Germany, I really hope England win so that all these Germans stop beeping their Bl**dy horns all night when they win a game. That said I won't be too dishartend if Ze Germans win, that would mean more parties in the town.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't know why the Germans get so excited when they win football matches...........

You'd have thought that they'd have got used to it by now :0(

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I see this world cup has turned out just like World War Two........

The French surrendered early (again)

The Yanks arrive at the last minute

And we're left to fight the bloody Germans!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Talk about good planning.

We are at our third CC site having arrived today at Slinfold.

Having seen the TV reception was listed as fair I was optomistic but not a whimper. Even the warden can't get a signal with his dish :O(

Got my son texting me the score and a text just came in, one down already. I'm gutted.

Perhaps someone upstairs is looking after me afterall, not wanting me to see it.

Whatever happens they will need to up their efforts after the performance against Slovenia.

I couldn't believe the plaudits that the media were giving England after that game, they must have been watching a different one to me.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I am a not a sporty person but respect everyone`s INDIVIDUAL interests. I am scottish and disgusted at some of the comments some people are making.Not all Scottish people are doing this I must say.Fair enough to cheeky banter but when it goes a bit far I cant be doing with it!!

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
..and no excuse for saying its everywhere.Never went near TV or radio at the camp site.(well, watched 1 DVD relaxingl ate at night, thats it.Went to the beach and the park and sat on our own as a family eating chips and ice-cream (not together on the same plate).

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
It's beem lovely to see the flags adorning cars; houses; businesses etc; everyone feeling patriotic!! Not today, I've seen a number of cars with the white stumps of where their England flags used to be - didn't last long did it.

The cricket's going well if anyone want's to re-deploy their flags!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Due to world cup commitments we announce a change to tonight's film on BBC1 we will now be showing "Out of Africa" instead of our scheduled programme.

Flash floods are being reported all over Scotland this evening due to thousands of Tartan Army soldiers p.... themselves laughing.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
After being eliminated from the World Cup, England, Nigeria, Cameroon and Algeria are expected to arrive back home in Britain later today.

Message ends.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The Environmental Agency of England will be providing extra skips at all sites tomorrow for the anticipated influx of England car flag!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Due to world cup commitments we announce a change to tonight's film on BBC1 we will now be showing "Out of Africa" starring Surfer Ian instead of our scheduled programme.

Just a joke you understand ... heh! heh! heh!

;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not only now do we have the world cup pumped down our throats but also Wimbledon - when is the broadcasting media going to offer a programme of interest and the press something interesting to read which does not have a sporting bias? - (now ducking under the table from the flack) LOL.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Due to world cup commitments we announce a change to tonight's film on BBC1 we will now be showing "Out of Africa" starring Surfer Ian instead of our scheduled programme.

Just a joke you understand ... heh! heh! heh!

;O)
I am pleased to see that you do have a sense of humour. Keep it up.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm hoping Argentina and Germany thrash it out to extra time and penalty shootouts. That should knacker them both whoever gets through to the next round.

Cheers

Dustydog

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would have thought that a channel could be dedicated entirely to sport. That way everyone would be happy. I feel sorry for viewers who are expecting to see a favourite prog only to find that sport has replaced their choice.Personally I am only mildly interested in the final result (can't stand the overpaid, oversexed prima donnas who kick the ball about!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts