Wrongly supplied parts.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not the caravan but the Kia Sorento.

Kia dealer sold me a "service pack" for £45.00 last June.

I've just removed the fuel filter to find the new one is nothing like the original! Grrrr.

It started raining, I'm soaked. Had to put all the bits and pieces carefully into the boot. By tomorrow I will have forgotten what goes where.So now I'm going out to make a few notes just in case. Will have to do a 30 mile round trip to Kia tomorrow. Good job we have a spare car.

Lesson here is don't start work on car or caravan over the weekend or unless you're absolutely certain you have been supplied with correct part.

Feel better for that rant.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi DD

yes dam annoying isn't it, I had to buy a btm arm for the renault for it's MOT ordered the part went to pick it up asked if the arm was handed "no there all the same" good got home took off the old one "yup wrong side" and I have no spare car did they have the right one in stock no had to re order.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR.

G

I do not know if you have a digital camera,but before I start removing things these days, I now take pictures at each stage.

That way I have a record of what went where and how... just a thought....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Me

VG idea. I'm lucky to have a similar photographic breakdown etc from the uksorento site but as you know it's those little things like which way round do the plugs refit.

Thanks m8.

Cheers

Dustydog

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
hi dusty im a parts manager in a kia/suzuki dealer what the supplying dealers prob done is supply a modified fuel filter which comes with a water sender. if you need any morebits get in touch with me and i can send them out. many thanks steve

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog,

As the old saying goes "Education is what you get from reading the small print, Experience is what you get when you don't"

I'm sure somewhere in the instruction sheet supplied, it mentioned checked all parts were present and were the correct ones, before commencing any work.

Hope you have managed to sort everything out now,

best regards, Martin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Stephen

When I went back on monday the head parts manager knew straight away what was wrong. As you said it was a modified fuel filter. He gave me the replacement water sensor foc. Apparently I should have bee given that part at the outset.

Thanks for your ofer, much appreciated.

Martin

Thanks as well.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts