Wyatts Covert Just off the m25.

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
There is a small airfield quite close by, but there's no problem at all with noise levels. We've stayed a few times and do like it - up to usual CC standards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a small airfield quite close by, but there's no problem at all with noise levels. We've stayed a few times and do like it - up to usual CC standards
David

Thanks a lot for your reply, its nice to know that somebody else has stayed there and given good vibes,

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

My wife and I stayed at Wyatt's Covert for a week in February 2006, half term. The site is VERY OBVIOUSLY meant as a base for visiting London. We were helping Father-in-Law who lives nearby and had just come out of hospital after a hip replacement.

Although there is a small, private airfield next door we never really experienced any noise problems, there is, also, a helicopter taxi base nest door on the other side of the site but again only heard a helicopter land/take-off a couple of times during the whole week - not really very noisy at all.

The site is just rows of caravans on hardstanding with some grass in between and the site is surrounded by trees, hedges - no views at all. The only site facillities is the toilet block which was clean and warm. It is popular and does get booked up. We had advance booked and it was full for part of the week we were there. I suspect some of the residents may have been working in the area as they left very early and arrived back late in vans!

I don't where you are travelling from but the site is very close to the M25 and M40/A40. The approach to site is along a good road apart from the last mile or so which is a country roads but not too narrow - ensure that you DO follow the route in the CC handbook as the approach from the other way IS VERY NARROW for the last bit. We had no trouble with our twin-axle Landranger following the recommended route.

There is a parade of shops, pubs,restaurant, petrol station and railway station in Denham, just over a mile away quite a long walk downhill, uphill back to the site!!

Happy 'vanning

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

My wife and I stayed at Wyatt's Covert for a week in February 2006, half term. The site is VERY OBVIOUSLY meant as a base for visiting London. We were helping Father-in-Law who lives nearby and had just come out of hospital after a hip replacement.

Although there is a small, private airfield next door we never really experienced any noise problems, there is, also, a helicopter taxi base nest door on the other side of the site but again only heard a helicopter land/take-off a couple of times during the whole week - not really very noisy at all.

The site is just rows of caravans on hardstanding with some grass in between and the site is surrounded by trees, hedges - no views at all. The only site facillities is the toilet block which was clean and warm. It is popular and does get booked up. We had advance booked and it was full for part of the week we were there. I suspect some of the residents may have been working in the area as they left very early and arrived back late in vans!

I don't where you are travelling from but the site is very close to the M25 and M40/A40. The approach to site is along a good road apart from the last mile or so which is a country roads but not too narrow - ensure that you DO follow the route in the CC handbook as the approach from the other way IS VERY NARROW for the last bit. We had no trouble with our twin-axle Landranger following the recommended route.

There is a parade of shops, pubs,restaurant, petrol station and railway station in Denham, just over a mile away quite a long walk downhill, uphill back to the site!!

Happy 'vanning

Tim
Thanks very much Tim for your comments

Roy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts