X-Trail, CRV, or Sorento??

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 21, 2005
Visit site
Remember that the Sorento, however good reviews it gets has a 2.5L engine in it and is a BIG car. Offers 138bhp and 314lb ft of torque, co2 emmissions of 226. The Xtrail and CRV have smaller 2.2 engines. Xtrail is 136bhp, 232lb ft toruqe with co2 emmissions of 190.

When people say the residuals are good as they see a car same as theres on a garage for X amount which is only

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Pauline,as a car salesman may I appologise for the salesman who stopped to eat during his 9 or 10 hour working day. All I can think is that his company employed a human by mistake and not a robot like the rest of us . Brian (",)

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Pauline,as a car salesman may I appologise for the salesman who stopped to eat during his 9 or 10 hour working day. All I can think is that his company employed a human by mistake and not a robot like the rest of us . Brian (",)
Brian, just to explain what happened here. When we arrived at a Main Dealer showroom, the salesman was out and were told he would be back soon. We asked if there was someone else who could help us, but there wasn't, despite several staff milling around, so we waited. When he arrived back, holding his lunch, we told him we were interested in an X-trail and he asked a young lad to show us a second hand one on the forecourt and disappeared. We never saw him again. The lad couldn't answer any of our questions and on returning to the showroom to ask for a test drive, we were told he was having his lunch and could we come back. Sorry, but not many people would be impressed with that.

In direct contrast, the salesman at Land Rover was exceptional. We were made to feel welcome, his knowledge was extensive and he answered all our questions. We had a long test drive over all sorts of terrain and gave us a great deal. Nothing was a problem and we received first class treatment all the way. He came in on his day off to hand the car over to us, despite working long hours and dealing with 8 cars going out the previous day. He even took us to a garage, filled the tank up with fuel and paid for it, before we left.

Pauline.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi

as I started this post thought I would update you on my car choice.

this lunchtime we picked up, a brand new very shiny......Kia Sportage! (cue much sucking of air through teeth round the country...). what can I say, we got a good deal.

the X-Trail and CRV were out of our price range (and the Honda salemen were idiots), and the Sorento was huge! far too big for our needs.

so a Diesel Sportage it is. there doesn't seem to be too many out there at the moment (unlike the CRV's round every bend). so many thanks for all the advice and I'll let you all know how I get on.

kind regards

Mark (",)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts