yet another newbie awning question

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Bailey Ranger 5 460/4 awning size 911cm.Considering buying either an Isabell Capri Lux £700 or Ventura Atlantic £520....can't decide which.Also sizes are quoted as 900 & 925, which do I go for? This awning is just for two of us, which would suit best...or open to other suggestions

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Darrell

We recently bought a new caravan and decided to buy a new awning (1050 cm) to go with it.We opted for the Isabella Commodore and are delighted with the quality. However having previously owned a Bradcot Classic (1050cm),we find the Isabella takes quite a bit longer to put up. There are quite a few more poles in the frame and the fabric feels heavier, making it more difficult to slide into the channel. When the Isabella is up its brilliant.

We have now bought a Portico Plus porch awning for our weekend breaks.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Can't comment on the Ventura but you can't go far wrong with an Isabella which some say are the best. We had one for many years with no problems. Now have a Trio Mexico Family which is also very good. Think its pay your money and take your choice, Isabella have always been quite expensive!

If you measure your van from ground to ground by running a piece of string through the awning channel you will get and exact measurement. If the measurement of 911cm is accurate I would go for the 925 awning.

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darrell

We have had an Isabella Capri Lux for the last 3 years and it has been excellent, very well made and quite easy to put up.Remember to unzip all of the front and side panels first and just put the roof in the channel. Then fit the poles in place and then zip the pannels back in. This way you are not tugging about 30kg of awning through the roof channel. The Ventura, I believe is made by the Polish arm of Isabella so is a similar quality but cheaper. We considered both at the time of our purchase but went for the Isabella in the end as it did look a bit better.

In terms of the size option, I would go for the 925 as against the 900.

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darrell,

If there,s only the two of you,why buy a big awning?How about a nice sized porch awning like the Bradcot Portico plus easy to put up.Happy Caravanning.Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts