Yet another uneducated caravanner

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Took the caravan to the East of England Showground in Peterborough on Wednesday and left the wife and daughter there to show the dogs at the weekend. I have had to come home as I have St John duties this weekend, plus the Tour de France in Chelmsford on Monday. Happy days.

Just had a call from the wife to say that a caravan has just arrived and the owner is trying to level it from side to side and was using a cordless drill on the steadies. The drill is not powerful enough to lift the van to the height the owner wants so he is now trying hand power. Wonder how long before he goes through the floor ?
How do we educate caravanners ?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Probably too late by now, but someone needs to get over to him and help him get it right. I have appreciated every bit of well mean't advice that I have ever been given and if he doesn't want to know, at least you will have done your best.
mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........I have yet to see damage done to a caravan by putting too much weight on the steadies.
Has anyone experienced this or seen an example of a damaged floor?

Nearly everyone now uses a power drill ( not me ) so you would think the damage would be rife!

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Many years ago whilst overnighting at Billing Aquadrome I saw an outfit pitch behind ours. There were eight occupants in a four berth van. After a few minutes I noticed that the corner steadies were so far down that the wheels were about three feet off the ground! I thought that I'd better offer some assistance as it appeared that they were new to caravanning, which proved to be the case. The driver was extremely grateful for some advice especially after I showed him how the water system worked. I hope that he went on to become an experienced caravanner and enjoyed many happy trips away.

Gordon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts