Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry smiley, I'm trying to be cheerful but I can't see what's to be happy about having snow :O(

Schools closing, people stranded or abandoning cars, people slipping over and breaking limbs, wildlife can't find food, the cost of trying to keep roads clear, drivers crashing their vehicles, transport and deliveries failing.

Because I'm past the making of snowmen or snowballing time of life I'm still trying to find something positive about it apart from topping up aquifers.

Oh yes, it looks nice on Christmas cards :O)

Sorry smiley ... heh! heh! heh!

G

Sorry smiley, I'm trying to be cheerful but I can't see what's to be happy about having snow :O(

Schools closing, people stranded or abandoning cars, people slipping over and breaking limbs, wildlife can't find food, the cost of trying to keep roads clear, drivers crashing their vehicles, transport and deliveries failing.

Because I'm past the making of snowmen or snowballing time of life I'm still trying to find something positive about it apart from topping up aquifers.

Oh yes, it looks nice on Christmas cards :O)

Sorry smiley ... heh! heh! heh!
If the Government and local coucil do the job properly we won't have all this.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
You wouldn't say that if you had to ferry two district sisters about in my 4x4 so they could do emergency visits, where are the police confined to barracks, even in this area most of them drive 4x4.

Browns on winner again saving money, getting Joe public to take responsibility.

Just like the snow quicker they've gone the better

NigelH

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley

Sorry but I can't share your enthusiasm at the moment. I've just left a lovely warm bed and am about to take two energetic Springer Spaniels out for an hour or so. It's heavy snowfalling and minus 5 degs.

When I get back I will need to warm up in a hot bath.

However I will say it is very pretty but just so bloody cold!

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Dusty envy you, that's what l would have been doing but the wife's ask me to ferry her and a colleague about as you can see from my previous post, hope the dogs enjoy the run, our two yorkies disappeared in the first drift they jumped in, took them by surprise but they didn't half enjoy it.

NigelH

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry if I sound miserable but I make no apology for being a realist and not a fantasist.

I bet there are a few out there, even now, who were saying the same thing about snow but are now grieving because their husband had a heart attack and died while trying to clear the stuff or is now in hospital after suffering a M.I.

I wonder how many have now got to have replacement hips or are in plaster for weeks.

I wont go on about those who have lost their lives on the roads due to these conditions and wont be going home because it's on the news every day. I bet their relatives aren't pleased to see snow.

I admit it looks pretty, and that's about it, but how long does it stay pretty for before it's black, filthy slush? One day maybe? That's unless your isolated out in the 'sticks' and because of the snow cannot get anywhere.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
It's snowing again here, and I've just discovered my wellies have split (probably when used by son's girlfriend at Glastonbury last year!) and there isn't another pair to be had within miles!

Anyone got a spare pair of size 5's???? Can't collect until the snow's gone, sorry!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Agree Smiley i likes the snow yipeeeeeeeeeeeee build snowman tomorrow :) :)
Sorry but snow comes at a price, the cost of life, limb and billions in taxes to keep the country ticking over. Too high a price as far as I'm concerned just to have the thought for a day of how pretty or how 'nice' it looks ;O)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I'm sorry if I sound miserable but I make no apology for being a realist and not a fantasist.

I bet there are a few out there, even now, who were saying the same thing about snow but are now grieving because their husband had a heart attack and died while trying to clear the stuff or is now in hospital after suffering a M.I.

I wonder how many have now got to have replacement hips or are in plaster for weeks.

I wont go on about those who have lost their lives on the roads due to these conditions and wont be going home because it's on the news every day. I bet their relatives aren't pleased to see snow.

I admit it looks pretty, and that's about it, but how long does it stay pretty for before it's black, filthy slush? One day maybe? That's unless your isolated out in the 'sticks' and because of the snow cannot get anywhere.
I agree LB. My husband, an HGV driver, is currently stuck behind a jackknifed lorry, somewhere in Wiltshire. God knows when he'll be home. I just hope he gets home, and safely.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
After my above post at 9am I went out shovelling. I've just finished, 2 hours 29 minutes later.

Jeezzzz I'm so glad we had snow, just think of the exercise I would have missed without it ... heh! heh! heh!

I must admit that as I shovelled it into piles I tried to see the beauty in it heaped there, full of grit, soil and any other filth that lies on pavements, drives etc. but sadly I failed.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
He is, thanks, LB. Knackered and gone to bed. It took him 13 1/4 hours to do a job which normally takes him 8 or 9 hours. He says the A roads he used (those which were still open) hadn't been gritted for the most part and were littered with abandoned cars, the aftermath of accidents and 3 or 4 jackknifed lorries. Scary!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Ah good. On his next day off you must do him a fry up and take it to him in bed. After that you must manicure his toe nails and empty his commode for the next month to show that you care for him :O)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Ah good. On his next day off you must do him a fry up and take it to him in bed. After that you must manicure his toe nails and empty his commode for the next month to show that you care for him :O)
I do that all the time, LB, of course!! (believe that and you'll believe anything, hehehe).

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Well, got up had shower move snow off my little car. Warmed it up. got my boots on and off I went. wanted to be the first but 111 was a bit late.

Only had about 5" here just right.

tesco's was ok, but to my amazement Morrison had a JCB clearing their carpark. Got all my shopping done........

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well, got up had shower move snow off my little car. Warmed it up. got my boots on and off I went. wanted to be the first but 111 was a bit late.

Only had about 5" here just right.

tesco's was ok, but to my amazement Morrison had a JCB clearing their carpark. Got all my shopping done........
Due to the cold be grateful it was 5" smiley.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts