yorkshire cc sites have any of you been to any of the below?.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
strid wood, bolton abbey, north yorkshire

wharfedale, skipton, north yorkshire

brown moor, hawes, north yorkshire

knaresborough, knaresborough, north yorkshire

lower wensleydale, leyburn, north yorkshire

beechwood grange, york, north yorkshire

rowntree park, york, north yorkshire

what are the piches like?.#

what are the areas like?.

anymore you can tel us please.

jo-anne

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmmmmmmmm ...................

Do you ever go to any of these sites you ask about jo-anne ;O) hehheh! just kidding.

I must admit though, I was getting worried about you because I hadn't see you asking about sites for a week ;O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ray, if only she would be honest and admit it I would post some comments as long as I could have a share of her profits :O) I'm not saying how honest my comments would be though ;O)

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
lord b, already been on to the reviews to check them out. not many for the sites i have asked for. very good review on wharfedale though. we are going to carnon downs in a few weeks and im dredding the 6 hr drive down inc stops. i wanted to go to dorset this year but craig wanted cornwall AGAIN. i know carnon is a beautiful site in a beautiful area but ive seen cornwall enought. i know its nice but ive been going about 30 years now im bored.

so im planning next year. im thinking dorset and maybe yorkshire at the moment and even going on a CL. i only normally do CL's on a weekend but ive found one with laundry facilities, dont laugh. i would be saving myself about

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We've only been to Bolton Abbey and that is up to the usual C.C. standards. If you have a dog it's not much of a dog walk but immediately through the site gates you are by another walk which is nice with made up paths, it's on the Bolton Abbey Estate I believe. It's a wooded site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All these sites local to us and as LB said about Strid they are all up to usual CC standards.

Beechwood & Rowntree are both at York, so apart from the city the north yorks moors are only a short drive, where you have many attractions including the NYM steam railway, flamingo land, eden camp, great walking and the coastal resorts of Whitby and Scarbourough.

The rest of the sites are in or on the outskirts of the dales, which is a beautiful part of the country and has Cumbria and Durham around its northern borders and are accessable for days out. Our favourite site of these is Brown Moor, there has been a thread on this site in the last week.

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

We have been to a few of these

Rowntree Park - 10 min walk to York centre from the site, nice site typical CC standard, good park right next to it. It is near the river so does flood. We go every year.

Wharfdale - One of my favourites, lovely location, 15 min walk into grassington. Good pub on the site Gamekeepers Inn does lovely food.

Knaresborough - good facilities quite a way out of Knaresborough.

Strid Wood - only been once, lovely location you can walk to Bolton Abbey from the site.

Going to Brown Moor for the first time later in the year.

Hope that helps

Jane

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Been to Bolton Abbey - and Knaresborough, and would echo the comments made. Nice little bar/restaurant at Knaresborough, too, which is a bonus on the night you arrive - no cooking!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We have been to beechwood grange 2 times.

It is a very nice site upto the usual cc standards. it is also handy for the park and ride into york.

sharon.

Apr 3, 2007
Visit site
Friends of ours have been to Bolton Abbey & said its lovely but they wish they had been warned of the approach to it as it has a narrow arch you go under & they said it was a bit scary at first but ok.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have been to Beechwood Grange several times over a number of years. Nice flat site, usual cc standards, play area for the kids. Fish and chip van visits on a Friday evening. Convenient for the park and ride into York. We think of Beechwood Grange as a more relaxed site with more space than Rowntree cc site.

A word of warning, the A64 at rush hour on a Friday can get very busy. The roundabout after you come off the A64 can also be busy with traffic during rush hour on a Friday.

Rowntree is very convenient for walking into York.

Annette

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Brown Moor at Hawes - it has a tv booster system but you can't get ang digital tv, so make sure you have an analogue telly.

We have stayed on all these sites and they are all up to the usual cc standard.

Graeme.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne,

Knaresborough:-

Went their just after they revamped changing from grass pitches to hard standings.

The site is built on a slight slope although all the pitches are level.

We pitched at the top more luck than judgement, as we had heavy rain during our stay which resulted in a lot of lower pitches

being heavly waterlogged.

The brand new toilet block was excellent.

Yoy are a short drive into knaresborough, but the site is on the way out of knaresborough heading for the glorious yorkshire countryside.

Strid Wood:-

Saw lots of woodpeckers feeding of the wardens bird tables,

The Strid alongside the site has excellent walks down through

the woods to the river and beyond.

You have to be fit though as their are very steep hills to walk down and return!!!

We did encounter midges on site which attacked me as usual.

The site is on three levels all pitches hard standing.

Wharfdale:-

We have not stayed on site , been to Grassington nearby lovely little village but again midges everywhere.shame as the scenary is superb.

Royston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts