young caravanners

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
hi just wondered how many young caravanners there was out there

i am 30 and my wife is 27 ,we have been doing it for four years and are on to our third van which we pick up the new one on the 10th march cant wait.

we have just had our first baby girl and i know she will enjoy it as much as we do

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I am a new member, I'm 33 and my wife is 30 we also love touring, we have been doing it for about 10 years we are on our second caravan, cant wait to get back into it this year. Our outfit is a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport and an Elddis Odyssey 524L.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We're young caravanners too, 59 and 64, been caravanning since dinosaurs walked the earth and still love every minute of it. We hope you continue to enjoy your caravanning for many, many more years too.

Right!.........walking boots on...........let's go!!

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
hi neil

my wife is 35 and im 29 and had our caravan 2 years having tented for five(be careful what you reply to on the forum the upper class olds get upset easily)im only joking before the backlash starts :)

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Neil.

I'm 34, my wife is 39 and our kids are teenagers! Truth be told, we all love the idea of caravanning.

Best regards

Nick & Dee
We are young caravanners. I'm 35 and my husband is 31, we have two young children 4 and 3 years old. This is our third year of caravanning and we love it.

Jane

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
thanks all, good to know we are not the only ones

caravaning young ,but if the goverment has anything to do with it, we will not be able to afford to pull our vans in england ,and more families will be put off and just fly every were,which in the end trade in this country will suffer all for putting more taxs on car drivers in a bid for so called less traffic.

would you really want to get on public transport rather than be in your own car? ( not me )

G

Hi Neil

If we're not too late to add this...

We're 37 and 34 with our two boys 6 and 4. We're about to start our second year of caravanning with a trip planned to Abergavenny at the end of March. We are absolutley smitten with the lifestyle and try to get away most weekends...our days of tenting are well and truely over :)

Simon and Sally

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Taking a trip up to Abergavenny

Hoping the weather is fine

If you should see a red dog running free

Well, you know he's mine

A chase in the hills up to Abergavenny

I've got to get there and fast

If you can't go

Then I promise to show you a photograph

Ah, passing the time with paradise people

Paradise people are fine by me

Sunshine forever, lovely weather

Don't you wish you could be.....

Well, you know he's mine

If you can't go

A little photograph, a little photograph

Up to Abergavenny

La-la-la-la......

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Hiya

We are both 37 and have two small boys - 2 & 5. We are newish (last year) to caravanning and love it so much we are hoping to get away as many weekends as we can this year.

It is so free and easy for us and the boys and they can wear themselves out outside and make new friends and generally have a ball.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Age is relative - it is all in the mind - you are as young as you feel. My wife and I are both just passed the 60 years of age mark but we do not feel as old as that. The mind is still young and active, admittedly the body sometimes has trouble keeping up with it. Been caravanning for over 38 years. Great holidays and freedom to come and go when you wish, especially having taken early retirement.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Well, you know he's mine

If you can't go

Well, you know he's mine

If you can't go

A little photograph, a little photograph

Up to Abergavenny

La-la-la-la......
Giving your age away here sir. My mother used to sing this to me when I was a young child.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Neil,

My wife and I (32 7 31) got the bug a couple of years ago following a numer of horrendous weekends away in our tent with the little ones in our tent in 2004.

First van was from a friend of the family, 2001 Elddis Avante 475. This was traded in last September for a new Swift Charismas 565.

As a family we love the caravanning life and spent a pleasant couple of weeks in the New Forest last year. We are being brave this year and venturing to France for the first time in the van. really looking forward to it, along with the many other breaks we have planned for easter, whit and many weekends.

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
I'm 42 & t'boss's 37, both of us have caravanning parents, I remember mum & dad & us 2 boys in a 12' caravan with no awning,

I first towed when I was 23, mum & dads van behind my 1972 Opel Manta "A", I remember a sea of mud at the site and a bunch of "older" caravanners claiming I had "no chance of moving THAT oufit" so everthing heavy, including the girlfreind was loaded into / onto the boot for the 15 second journey to the tarmac, just wish I'd taken bets!.

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
I'm 33, hubby is 46 and our son is 2. We've been caravanning for four years and love it. Great for the little ones. Plenty of fresh air and exercise (makes for a great night's sleep!)

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
I am 28 & the wife is 29. we have 2 children and 1 on the way. We have been `vanning` for a little over a year now. Great fun!

There is a website for us young caravaners, but I wont post the address on here. its easy to find though (google it).

Mar 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Neil

Iam 39 (big 40 soon!!) and my other half is 44 (he he).

We have been caravanning on and off for about 10 years (we had a break in the middle of a year when we tried a trailer tent, but found it too much work so went back to a van!).

We both really enjoy the freedom and cant wait to get our van out of storage in 2 weeks time. Been in there since october and it seems like forever!

At first, we used to get a lot of stick for being young caravanners, but it soon wears off - especially when you say you are having yet ANOTHER weekend away!!

All the best

Russell & Shelagh

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Nobodies old in caravanning same as there are no social scales..............its the best we all look the same first thing in the morning coming out of our van heading for a wash in the loo block lol

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Your right craig, although some mornings are better than others.

I'm 39 and hubby 42 we started caravaning couple years ago after taking kids for a weekend in a 2 man tent there was 5 of us in it and i got bit alive with midgets, we loved every minute of it even laughed at 100 bites all over my body. But that put an end to the tent i had to have my comforts so we bought are first little caravan and never looked backed. And if you have any problems i find the people on here are a great help, there is always someone you can answer a query.

Have fun caravaning and happy easter to all.

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
hello, Neil, Well i don,t know if we are classed as young caravanners, I,m 41 and my husband is 45 and we have 3 teenage daughters, but only the youngest at 15 will be going with us when we go away because she loves it just as much as we do.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter and i hope you and your family enjoy your caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts