your best site this season

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
whats your best site this season for me forest glade not to big and a feel off old style camping before fairs amusmente ect 2nd beacon hill pool a bit bigger and close to pool e some not worth a mention but off to our local cosgrove this week end always good lest here from some others parksy you may like virginia lakes as i know you like norfolk bar a bit pricey ?.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
CC site at Englethwaite Hall, Armathwaite, Cumbria.
We go every year although we've been twice in 2011 despite it being an over 500 mile round trip. Even the constant rain on the last trip hasn't put us off.
Our favourite private site is in Cornwall and we've already been for 2 weeks but off again soon for another fortnight
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Our favourite private site is in Cornwall and we've already been for 2 weeks but off again soon for another fortnight
smiley-smile.gif
Now Now LB, None of the Hush Hush stuff on here, your suppose to name them you know
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Think my favourite this year will be Stowford, north Devon although a large site it's split up and for us there is plenty to do.
But the real reason for nominating Stowford is because it's the only time we had sunshine!!!!!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The trouble with this question is that we all want something different! Of the 35 or so sites we used on our Euro/Scotland tour the best for us was Sligachan, on Skye. We stayed on everything from very basic CL type sites to super luxury all singing and dancing sites, but the simple informality and spectacular views at Sligachan did it for us.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
our favourite this season has been white house beach in kessingland suffolk. Very nice site on the coast with plenty to do. Our favourite CL would have to be Moss-side farm near Annan in south west Scotland. Its coastal and is excellent highly recommended. We visit this site regular as its only 12 miles from home ideal for weekends.

Dougie....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You will all know SWMBO dad is not here for long so our travels this year came to a halt at the end of June.
So I will include last year too.
Well it's difficult because each part of the British Isles is so different.

Scotland:- Scourie caravan park Sutherland. Best sunsets ever.
CC site at Grummore , Altnaharra, Highland. On shore of Loch Naver. Unbelievable,
Cornwall:- CC Trewethett Farm Tintagel. Spectacular coastal views.
My very special gemstone near St Austell. Not telling.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Now Now LB, None of the Hush Hush stuff on here, your suppose to name them you know
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Dustydog said:

So there you have it Kev. At the risk of DD throwing me in the river next to the site for his dogs to practice retrieving it's best to stay stum
smiley-sealed.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Gagakev said:
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Dustydog said:

So there you have it Kev. At the risk of DD throwing me in the river next to the site for his dogs to practice retrieving it's best to stay stum
smiley-sealed.gif
Kev
As a founder member and Knight of The Woosie Round Table ask Parksy to send me your e-mail address. Providing you swear solemnly on the Woosie bible NOT to divulge the site's identity to anyone else , I'll let you into our secret location.
smiley-kiss.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Kev
As a founder member and Knight of The Woosie Round Table ask Parksy to send me your e-mail address. Providing you swear solemnly on the Woosie bible NOT to divulge the site's identity to anyone else , I'll let you into our secret location.
smiley-kiss.gif

Now then DD my gracious leader, the Woosie bible is in my hand and your wish is my command
smiley-sealed.gif

I have sent Parksy an email but know he is on one of his jaunts (again)
smiley-smile.gif

So hopefully he will send it onto you on his return.
It could be just what we are looking for, for our 3 night october break, as it is proberbly only just over an hours drive for me.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
Kev
smiley-kiss.gif
Now then DD my gracious leader, the Woosie bible is in my hand and your wish is my command
smiley-sealed.gif

smiley-smile.gif

It could be just what we are looking for, for our 3 night october break, as it is proberbly only just over an hours drive for me.
Kev
They close on the 14th October. However there is a special offer from 8- 14 october , 7 nights for the price of 5. That's £50 in Woosie money! Too good to be true
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
They close on the 14th October. However there is a special offer from 8- 14 october , 7 nights for the price of 5. That's £50 in Woosie money! Too good to be true
smiley-cool.gif

We are there until the 9th but are going to watch the weather forecast. If it's favourable we will stay the extra 6 days until they close provided we can have the same pitch.

The 7 for the price of 5 starts on the 10th September.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Kev
smiley-cool.gif

OH's work dictates the times we can go and the october dates are----------wait for it-------------------13-14-15th, Story of my life,
fiddlesticks, drat, woosie poo, what more can I say, except I think I will stamp on her toe's and force her to take a few days sick then I
can take her away, look after her in the van and she will still be able to hobble to the sink and cooker-----Sorted
smiley-wink.gif

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Our favourtie site so far this year has been Morton Hall caravan park in edinburgh it is a really nice site with an on site bar which does traditional beers and great dinners it also has a real log fire which is brilliant the bar has a country pub feel to it. The facilities are very good and there is a bus stops outside the entrance which takes you right in to the city centre.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The best site we have been on is Cloversfield Farm near Buxton in Derbyshire and we are going back in months time for a week .

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
For value for money and great views of the Malvern hills Marlbrook Farm in Worcestershire is really good. Adults only, £10 per night all in, friendly owners,dogs allowed but must be well behaved as it is an Equestrian centre. 5 vans only in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Just down the road from the three counties showground.

Steve

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
Kev
smiley-kiss.gif

smiley-sealed.gif

smiley-smile.gif

Always happy to oblige fellow Woosies, details have been forwarded
smiley-laughing.gif

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Will let you know when we get back which is our favourite site end of next month. We are going back to some well loved and some new sites starting tomorrow 2nd Sept. First stop is Salisbury -
smiley-embarassed.gif
(family party) next Warren Farm @ Brean - we had a great time there last year.Thanks to all your help and advise re sites in Somerset last year.
smiley-kiss.gif

Next new site Stowford - we were unable to make readers rally due to us moving house- next - new site in Bude - then down on to Newquay -old favourite
smiley-wink.gif
- But has been taken over by new people - so not too sure if it will be any good.
Then St. Austell (old favourite)
smiley-sealed.gif
then on to Torquay - or Dawlish - (cofton) not sure yet. Then homeward bound a few days near Poole, haven't made up mind which site yet. Could be a new one or good old Beacon Hill or Merley Court. then again it could be Wilksworth. Will be away for a month as we have missed out on our usuall weekenders and also missed our 2 weeks in June.
smiley-cool.gif
we might need some help on Bude - any advise? penhale looks good- budemeadows tooo dear.. Thanks all.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
Kev
smiley-kiss.gif

smiley-sealed.gif

smiley-smile.gif

Always happy to oblige fellow Woosies, details have been forwarded
smiley-laughing.gif
Thanks Parksy , our Woosie Mod
I'll now spill the beans to Kev.
smiley-innocent.gif

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The favourite site thus far is .....Marfit Head Farm a CL near Pickering,It has lots of room,very easy access,spotless showers and toilets.Its a working dairy farm and visitors can have hands on exerperience of feeding the animals.They have goats,2 friendly pigs,donleys and the usual farmyard birds. Owls hooting at night and views All for the princeley sum of £12 a night!!!We are going back in a couple of weeks time.
Thursdays Child

TRENDING THREADS