Zaragoza Camping

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Does anyone have foolproof instructions to get to the campsite in Zaragoza? Tried to find it last year, but satnav sent us into the very narrow streets in the centre. We only were in a campervan, so managed to get through. We are going in September in a large motorhome, so daren't take the chance of getting lost again. We finally stayed on a lorry park at a filling station on the way to Teruel. Not an experience we wish to have again!

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sheila,
I went there last year on my way to Marjal and am returning there in October. The way I got to it with out getting lost was to look at the site on google maps first, and taking print offs of the main junctions and turn offs. I then fed them into my sat nav as waypoints and had no problems getting to the site. We also had the detailed print off to check on as well. We left the A 68/Z 40 at junction 33 on the Zaragossa ring road and then continued down the A 2/ N-11a towards Zaragossa Centre. You go over the canal and take the first right, turn left at the roundabout,go past the site on the left to the next roundabout, go right round it back to the site entrance. Check it out on google maps. Hope this helps.
Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't directly answer you on how to find the campsite in Zaragoza but can recommend one easy to find and very good which will actually save you going anywhere near Zaragoza on the way to Teruel.

The site is at Sabinan (in the CC book under Calatayud) and is off km 255 on A23 south of Zaragoza. Assuming you are coming from the north west i.e. San Sebastian or Irun, leave AP 68 half way between Tudela and Zaragoza signed Magallon and go to Magallon on N122. Do not take the first trun into magallon. At the second exit follow Fundeljahon and Ricla onto A121( which is not an autoroute but a 'yellow road' Slightly rough but fine at moderate speed. Near Ricla join Autovia A2 direction Madrid (not Zaragoza) at about Km 270 . Then 25km to km 255 and follow signs to Sabinan. Site is on left just after a railway bridge and before you get to the main village. There is a filling station opposite.

To continue towards Valencia, get back on A20 E90 direction Madrid and go to the secondon turn to Calatayud turn left onto N234 to Darocca and follow the road until you get to Callamocha where join A23 Teruel and Valencia. there are several filling stations on this leg.

The site at Sabinan is steeply terraced but right at the top is a large flat area suitable for motorvans. I have used this site for the last 11 years both going to and coming from Mojacar for our Spring escape from the british climate. Toilket bock is very clean. Normally stay a few nights on the way home, particularly now they have a three nights for two deal. The son of the family has some English.

The Magallon short cut saves at least 60 miles and all the hassle of traffic round Zaragoza/

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks for your help. The campsite avoiding Zaragoza is very interesting. We too have gone to Mojacar twice a year for the last 6 or 7 years, but never knew about this campsite, we either went around Zaragoza or via Albecete and Burgos. We will try both. Thanks again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are wanting to get down to Mojacar rather than lingering, then Sabinan to Mojacar is about 420 miles - quite a lot for one day but when we go in winter very little traffic so just about do-able. We use the 'inland' route from Valencia, taking the Albecete road to Font de la Figura and then down to Elche past Murcia and onwards.

There is quite a reasonable site for a night behind a hotel in Crellivente - not too much of a detour from the auto route and with a reasonable restaurant. This is about 130 miles from Mojacar so makes the days more reasonable. It's in the CC book but if you don't have this I'll post the details.

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks Ray. We will definately try Sabinan. I have found it in the CC book, and also followed the route on the map. We also use the inland route from Valencia, but have always kept going from this point, and have not overnighted anywhere inbetween. With an early start, quiet roads, and both of us sharing the driving we will just keep going. Thanks again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings,

Borrowed from 'Frederico' on UKCampsite when we were having a discussion on this very subject,

"A-23 From Valencia on to A-68 signs for Madrid and Pamplona Join A-68. Come off at junction 33a Green sign 'Via Hispanidad' easy right turn.
This becomes the A- 2 then N-11
Go up to the right in a circle and keep right N-11A
This road is Autovia de Madrid
Past the Peugeot garage then turn right, Yellow camping sign.
Go under bridge then turn right [ Yellow Campsite Sign]
Over canal bridge and straight on at roundabout [Camp signs]
Go right down this road, turn at roundabout and come back up the other side to camp entrance.

Use the same route in reverse to get back on to the A-68 motorway.
Good big roads for towing.
Tip. When going up the ramp to the campsite, keep left to give give plenty room for the right hand turn into campsite. Good English spoken when I was there."

TRENDING THREADS