ú10,000 reward for return of stolen bull dog pups

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This litter of 6 pups (5 bitches and 1 boy) were stolen in the early hours of Sunday 13th April 2008 from their kennel in Warwickshire.

Now aged 5 weeks old the thieves were caught on CCTV at 2.13am entering the breeders property. They had cut through several barbed wire fences and a 6 foot fence as well as smashing their way into the puppy room in the kennel

to get them. The mother was left behind.

Further photos can be viewed at www.smichaelstud.co.uk

There is a £10,000 reward to anyone that gives information that leads to the safe return of this litter.

If you know anything please call Bulldog Rescue on 0871 200 2450 or the owner on 07881 917916.

Lisa

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Oh My God, fingers crossed for their safe return.how awful for Mum and Puppies, I hope they will soon be reunited safe and well.

Shiba.

G

Sounds like an inside job as how else would the presence have been known?

Don't bother calling the Plods as they are too busy. However, if the thieves do exceed the speed limit then they will probably be caught on camera.

I suspect anyone prepared to purchase a dog in dubious circumstances is not likely to make a song and dance about it.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
SL

It might well have been an 'inside job' who knows? However, most breeders have websites as these do and advertise their litters before they are born. So that could be one reason how the litter was stolen.

It's a sad day indeed. Theft of pedigree dogs is on the increase and is rife. My own dog was nearly a victim of dog theft, thankfully my husband chased the thieves and our dog was recovered.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The only worry is if this becomes known nationally and the thieves decide it isn't worth the risk in selling the pups on because of getting caught they might despose of them in a weighted sack in the local reservoir.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tram

I agree with you partly, there is a financial loss to the breeder but, the litter might have been created to improve their breeding/show stock, I don't know. I think bull dogs fetch well over a thousand pounds each. The thieves will probably already have buyers lined up for the pups, it's quite easy to sell them as ringers. Sadly.

What I disagree with is non working dogs kept in kennels and just brought out for exercise and shows. That's a crime in my book.

Lisa

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I must first of all say that as a pet owner myself, I'm appauled by such criminal activity.

However I do have to agree with SL.

Having seen the Tv news subject one does have to ask a couple of questions.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

I've just watched the news article, I hadn't seen that.

She's got a nice set up there I have to say, although not for me personally. There's no doubt, there's a lot of money to be made from the results of successful showing and breeding,

G

Inreresting terminology.

I wonder if i can approach a pregnant young lady and ask her if she is a '***** in whelp'? Somehow do not think it would work as a chat up line.

Mind you they always did state there was money in sex.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think it is more than an hobby,she has a nice setup,on her website she is posing in front of Ferrari and to offer 10k reward they must be worth more than that to her.

I wonder how liters her dogs produce a year.

Sorry but my idea of a dog is a family pet in the house,not in an outside kennel producing pups year after year.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are only so many litters the KC will register per ***** in its lifetime.

A ***** comes into season twice a year normally. What some 'breeders' do is whelp one litter, register it with the KC, whelp another litter with the same dam and not register it and sell the pups slightly cheaper.

Plus this woman will have stud dogs. I don't know how much the average fee for a bull dog at stud is per covering but with SBT's even a champion only commands on average

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You forgot one thing though LB, SBT's are just soooooooooo handsome and are the muscle men of the dog world.

With your wind problem, you might put the ladies off a bit. No offence.

Lisa x

TRENDING THREADS