“Combined” Weighbridge weight correct or wrong?

Page 8 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
A question Lutz, is it know for European caravanners, to be concerned enough to take their vans to be weighed, When I toured in France I would see people arrive for 6 weeks and unload the van and come back next day with a trailer with awnings fridges and freezers, not really touring.

I have a feeling that it is more common for European caravanners to use their caravans on a seasonal basis rather than for touring or for short stays anywhere. It is quite common, for instance, for one of the parents and the children to spend the whole school summer holidays on one site while the other parent remains at work and commutes to the campsite every weekend. Because the caravan is on one site for some considerable time, they feel that they need to take all the creature comforts that they would otherwise have at home.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Ok now home from 3 weeks at work, and opened the yellow Reich Scale

Just out of curiosity, as this device has ‘sensitive sensors’ below, then why when I stand on the scale in the kitchen it reads 114kg

Yet when I stand on my bathroom scales it reads 95.6kg, and these aren’t some cheap Argos £10 scales

Should this be normal, or am I looking at this wrong?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, as this device has ‘sensitive sensors’ below, then why when I stand on the scale in the kitchen it reads 114kg

Yet when I stand on my bathroom scales it reads 95.6kg, and these aren’t some cheap Argos £10 scales

Dare I ask dressed or undressed🤪.
Seriously they must have a calibration certificate in the box? Do they declare the sensitivity level?

• Haha
Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Sometimes when the weight it "too light" maybe scales can give an erroneous reading?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site

Try it again with your wallet taken out of your pocket :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, keep this thread updated as I've been thinking about buying the same as we have no public weigh bridges near here anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Sometimes when the weight it "too light" maybe scales can give an erroneous reading?
I wouldn’t say I’m ‘light’

I’m the same weight as a jockey wheel pressing down, so my jockey would now read 14kg over, so I’d then remove that total weight from the locker…

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site

Do you have hard flooring in your kitchen? If not, this could cause accuracy issues. Try both on a concrete slab or similar.

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
Saxo Appeal,
Somewhere 'up thread' was a discussion of the Reich device taking into account the fact that it's dealing with single or twin axle. Hutch's pictures show single axle mode whereas you are set to twin axle. Maybe if you try again set to single axle you'll replicate Hutch's result?
Mick

Currently an interested onlooker:unsure:

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Saxo Appeal,
Somewhere 'up thread' was a discussion of the Reich device taking into account the fact that it's dealing with single or twin axle. Hutch's pictures show single axle mode whereas you are set to twin axle. Maybe if you try again set to single axle you'll replicate Hutch's result?
Mick

Currently an interested onlooker:unsure:
When I was taking the reading it was only measuring the hitch weight

TRENDING THREADS