12s socket

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi can anyone tell me how I can check my 12s sockets,

I never bothered to use it before but having just changed my van decided to try it, nothing seemed to work nor the vans reversing lights,

I dont know if its not working from the car a 1997 Peugeot 406 td or at the caravan 1994 craftsman Miracle

any advice would be appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rick,

Do you live in Hampshire by any chance as I have a test rig for both sockets. Made it some time ago from an article in a magazine. Used it once myself, and lots of times for other fellow caravanners.

Will see if I can find the article for you.

David L

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The wiring for the 12S socket changed in (I think!) 1998, so it is possible that your car is wired for the new wiring system. I'm not sure which wires changed, if no-one here can advise any competent towbar fitter should be able to.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at www.towitall.co.uk They have lovely coloured wiring diagrams .I also have a home made state of the art tester (!!!) if you live near Stoke on Trent.You can test each pin/socket with a cheap multimeter.The changes in 1998ish involved an extra fridge designated earth on pin 7 (centre) and the removal of the blue wire to pin 2. If the car is wired to the old standard plus pin 7 it will work old or new standard wired caravans

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts