2005 Nissan X-Trail 2.2 turbo diesel loss of power

May 6, 2008
Visit site
I have just had a new fuel filter fitted after having problems with lack of power above 2000 revs in 5th or 6th gear and have been told that the fuel pump is starting to wear and leave metal deposits in the filter. The last filter lasted about 10,000 miles and the engine has done about 60,000.

Has anyone had the same trouble?

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
60,000 miles for jap motor not even run in yet bet it intercooler prob or after cat or split cooler hose if pump wearing out black smoke from exhaust after cat collects unburnt fuel and then ignites it like thenew pugs

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
If indeed there are metal fillings in your fuel filter,then,it sounds pretty logical it has something to do with your fuel pump.

All though I am surprised that if its breaking up,it should be broke by now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a coincidence! My daughter has a diesel X-trail and has had the same problem. Loss of power round about 2000 revs gradually getting worse. Took it in for a service (not a Nissan dealer) and they had great problems diagnosing the reason, they also decided to fit a new air mass flow meter (

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
This is a coincidence! My daughter has a diesel X-trail and has had the same problem. Loss of power round about 2000 revs gradually getting worse. Took it in for a service (not a Nissan dealer) and they had great problems diagnosing the reason, they also decided to fit a new air mass flow meter (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
60,000 miles for jap motor not even run in yet bet it intercooler prob or after cat or split cooler hose if pump wearing out black smoke from exhaust after cat collects unburnt fuel and then ignites it like thenew pugs
Hi Colin

Are you sure that Renault have not got at the

the motor!!!

Rob,Lynne,Woofers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts