2014 lunar clubman skylight leaking

May 28, 2022
Visit site
I bought a lunar clubman in April used it twice and took it back to the delears for warranty repairs , when I went to collect it I found that the forward most roof light had developed a leak into the caravan staining the roof , the dealers said it was a minor leak and would repair it to a standard where you could not tell it had been done . My problem is could the leak cause damp in the future I’m really worried about it

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I bought a lunar clubman in April used it twice and took it back to the delears for warranty repairs , when I went to collect it I found that the forward most roof light had developed a leak into the caravan staining the roof , the dealers said it was a minor leak and would repair it to a standard where you could not tell it had been done . My problem is could the leak cause damp in the future I’m really worried about it
On some brands the skylight rim cracks and need to be replaced and not repaired. Have you checked the skylight surround for cracks? If repaired correctly the dealer should dry out the damp and there should be no future issues.
The picture is of our rear skylight and as you can see the crack is dead straight and one could think it was part of the make up of the rim. It is not a Lunar caravan.

Rear skylight issue2.jpg

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree. provided the job is done correctly there should be no further problems and it sounds as though the problem was identified early, so rot will not have had time to develop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts