2019 elddis 860 problems

Mar 3, 2023
Visit site
Elddis avante 860 problems
Hi all. here again... I am now on my second front as the other new one cracked in the same place.. we also have had to have the rear end caps fitted . the week before it was due to go in for the front panel my heating stopped working so that cost £535 to get sorted so we got the van back so we could go away for Easter on the good Friday the heavens opened and guess what the front panel were it joins the roof started dripping in the van .. this van has not been nice to me since we have had it. At what point would you throw the towel in.. I wouldn't mind if I didn't like the van lol. Now I've been told they can't find a leak so they are putting it in different positions to see if it leaks.. I'm slowly loosing my patience I'm in the motor trade so I do have an understanding of problems. Just feel like giving the van back as they have had it longer than me lol.. has anyone had same problems

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your problems but it would be worth genning up on CRA2015 to see if you could reject the caravan. You have given the dealership one opportunity to fix a cracking pane, so depending on timelines you might be within the timescale for rejection. Don’t let heart rule head. It’s your hard earned cash that’s affected as well as your ability to enjoy your caravan.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Can only sympathise. We had a 2018 Elddis 462, bought in December 2022. We had issue after issue with it. Some minor some bigger. The dealer did address them ( after a fashion), but after a year when still waiting for parts for yet more warranty work, I could stand it no longer and traded it in.
It was the “what’s going to break next” feeling that was spoiling every trip away that did it for me.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Elddis avante 860 problems
Hi all. here again... I am now on my second front as the other new one cracked in the same place.. we also have had to have the rear end caps fitted . the week before it was due to go in for the front panel my heating stopped working so that cost £535 to get sorted so we got the van back so we could go away for Easter on the good Friday the heavens opened and guess what the front panel were it joins the roof started dripping in the van .. this van has not been nice to me since we have had it. At what point would you throw the towel in.. I wouldn't mind if I didn't like the van lol. Now I've been told they can't find a leak so they are putting it in different positions to see if it leaks.. I'm slowly loosing my patience I'm in the motor trade so I do have an understanding of problems. Just feel like giving the van back as they have had it longer than me lol.. has anyone had same problems
When was the caravan purchased and are you able to put the faults in chronological order as that may help us give you better and possibly correct answers.

I have been down this route on numerous occasions and have been successful with my claims saving ourselves in excess of £15000!

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear. We cut our losses with he last caravan after two leaks. It always seems to e that if things go wrong a few times this seems to keep on happening. I suppose the real question is will you trust it going forward.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts