24 hour forum

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know it is possible to post on this forum at any time day or night but it would appear that some contributors are up 24 hours a day posting on here. I am a bit of a late person myself but I have seen postings at 3 o'clock in the morning - can't you sleep? What time of day do you prefer for reading/contributing to this forum?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have an elderly relative living nearby that we look after who is disabled (osteoporosis - crushed vertebrae, knee replacement etc) who sometimes needs our help at all hours of the day.

[As an aside - ladies for goodness sake drink milk, take exercise and get your bone density checked - osteoporosis is known as the silent killer and it is truly awful but totally preventable via diet and exercise.]

Sometimes when I get back sleep is just impossible. So a chat on here and on other Forums helps to wind down.

I have always assumed that some guys who post "late" may be shift workers.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi clive

I am trying to get some milk in me up to about two tablespoons a day that's really good for me, plus milk on cereal everyday.

Yes doing it for my teeth, but apparently cheese is the best for teeth, I asked my dentist and he said if they new why they could capitalise on it.

My daughter a small piece (I mean very small) as often as allowed (had an op no gallbladder now) mind you she is 26 and no fillings I made sure my kids brushed twice and I checked.

All they know so far is an Alchaline stops acid.

See you can't get away from all that fat that's bad for you!!!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The computer is on all day and night and whenever I pass by I have a look at what's new in the forum. That can sometimes include a quick peek when I happen to be awake in the middle of the night. But then, I'm an hour ahead of all you lot so that's why some of my replies appear to be very early in the morning (I don't normally get up at 5).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi clive

I am trying to get some milk in me up to about two tablespoons a day that's really good for me, plus milk on cereal everyday.

Yes doing it for my teeth, but apparently cheese is the best for teeth, I asked my dentist and he said if they new why they could capitalise on it.

My daughter a small piece (I mean very small) as often as allowed (had an op no gallbladder now) mind you she is 26 and no fillings I made sure my kids brushed twice and I checked.

All they know so far is an Alchaline stops acid.

See you can't get away from all that fat that's bad for you!!!
You can get Calcium tablets but I think it is probably best to check with your GP first as excess Calcium can cause "stones" in parts of the body.

Excersise and a good diet seem to the the thing. My Mother in Law hates dairy products, always filterred the water and took little excersise.

Result? - She stretched one morning and a vertebrae collapsed in her back - she is in constant pain and you can see the bits of mishapen bone under her skin.

Far easier to have a glass of milk each day, go for regular walks (get a dog!) and do a little stretching excersise.

Our Practice Nurse says that the worst thing was the stopping of School milk. There is evidence that youngsters today have lower bone density than previous generations. This means more will suffer Osterporosis as they get older.

And you do not know you have a problem until something breaks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts