5 celebs go caravanning

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Channel 5 Friday 8 pm.
Well this could be a good laugh. It hopefully should be all , humorous. It's not suppossed to be a portral of caravanning but maybe the fun people have. Let's see. :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Is it not a repeat as there's been similar ones ?

Edit , just looked up who is in it and I don't think it is a repeat , it's a fresh batch who probably can't hack it !! ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Craig. This is episode 1 series 1 of the New Celebrity 5 Go Caravanning. I’ve never seen Tony Blackburn on before. This is more light hearted fun showing some excellent UK travel blogs. I’ve never seen them take the mick out of caravanning or motor homing. Worth a watch.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I quite enjoyed the celebrity motorhoming series that they did last year.
If they treat the caravan one in the same way and resist the temptation to do a. hatchet job which makes us look like idiots it should be good.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I quite enjoyed the celebrity motorhoming series that they did last year.
If they treat the caravan one in the same way and resist the temptation to do a. hatchet job which makes us look like idiots it should be good.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Wonder how long it is before they lose their patience while trying to manoeuvre it into a space or reverse them .
They should be ok as long as they don't do any steep inclines like Mr Chamberlain did on caravaner of the year and rip the back end off !! :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not seen the trailer so no idea what is coming but will watch with interest. Hopefully they will have a mover to make manouvering look easy and not put others off.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just seen the first episode. More about celebs than caravanning. On the upside, they are having a really good time. May encourage some folk to join us.
mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I thought it was a good portrayal of caravaning,focuses a lot on the great outdoors and views,and had a laugh in the process.Isnt that what it's all about? Plus,it's in the best part of the U.K. ;)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't a disappointment mind you as i thought it may off been . I would not have went down those country lanes where they went and unlucky that he hit the stones on the Edge and suffered a puncture, but as for that Castlerigg site that they went to in the lakes, that is one of the best sites I have been to and they were stopping on my pitch !! Great views .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I watched it and thought that it was ok. The perils of blindly following a sat nav without cross checking the route using a map or even a Google maps directions print off was thrown into sharp focus, but I suspect that many of us have done it at one time or another, I know that I have!
Of course the beauty of celebrity caravanning has to be that whatever damage is done to the caravan has no financial consequence for the driver. I thought for a minute that ex Dr Who Tom Baker was going to emulate the chairman of the CaMC by ripping the back of his caravan but he seems to have got away with it. :S

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
...... I thought for a minute that ex Dr Who Tom Baker was going to emulate the chairman of the CaMC by ripping the back of his caravan but he seems to have got away with it..... :S

Theres still time as there is still a few more episodes to go !! :lol:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Light hearted banter. A bit of fun . :)
Note the first two words spoken were “ chemical toilet”! :woohoo:
Looks like they may qualify for the next Woosiefest :evil:
Also using French caravans. I reckon the puncture was fabricated.
Nose load and testing? I’ll leave to the Prof :whistle: ;)

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
It wasn't a disappointment mind you as i thought it may off been . I would not have went down those country lanes where they went and unlucky that he hit the stones on the Edge and suffered a puncture, but as for that Castlerigg site that they went to in the lakes, that is one of the best sites I have been to and they were stopping on my pitch !! Great views .

Stayed there several times over the years camping and carravanning, but we couldn't get booked in at all this year!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I watched it this morning, and found it humorous, sounds like they "dinked" the vans a couple of times, but in all a reasonable programme. It shows what sort of things we get up to, sailing Boat trips etc, just waiting to see the first BBQ, Looking forwards to the next show.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Raywood said:
Not seen the trailer so no idea what is coming but will watch with interest. Hopefully they will have a mover to make manouvering look easy and not put others off.

They did have a mover but I guess it was more entertaining not to use it!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Light hearted banter. A bit of fun . :)
Note the first two words spoken were “ chemical toilet”! :woohoo:
Looks like they may qualify for the next Woosiefest :evil:
Also using French caravans. I reckon the puncture was fabricated.
Nose load and testing? I’ll leave to the Prof :whistle: ;)

Probably one of the cheapest new caravans you can get! They will probably be scrap at the end of the show! :lol: 30k for advertising Maquis Lesuire though.

I noticed that the actual hitching was not shown. I think that would have been done by someone more experienced for the sake of safety and legality.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
....Probably one of the cheapest new caravans you can get! They will probably be scrap at the end of the show! :lol: 30k for advertising Maquis Lesuire though....

And let's not forget the nice cars donated by Skoda !! A bit off publicity for them also

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
And good publicity for Castlerigg too. The Lakes looked absolutely beautiful. I lived in Blawith for two years and was so disappointed when I had to move back south again. The drive home from work with the Coniston fells ahead quickly dispelled any troubles of the day. That is when I could see the fells :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The technical term is "product placement". Watch most modern films and you will, for example, clearly see someone open a lap top with an Apple or HP or Sony logo. Advertising that isn't called advertising. Money will have changed hands somewhere.
Mel

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Mel said:
The technical term is "product placement". Watch most modern films and you will, for example, clearly see someone open a lap top with an Apple or HP or Sony logo. Advertising that isn't called advertising. Money will have changed hands somewhere.
Mel

Undoubtedly a sponsored gig... but what I found strange was that the Caravelair logo had been removed from the front of the vans... perhaps the French parent of Marquis wants to remain anon?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
For those of us who spotted it, it was comical to see them struggle to pitch the caravan when you could clearly see a motor mover fitted.
Not sure what state the caravans will be when they have finished judging by the trailer (no pun intended) for Friday, which might explain why they got cheapish ones.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
That was the first thing I spotted when they picked them up that they both had movers , but when they reversed it onto the site at Castlerigg he done it first time , but first time for us watching it ; I wonder how many takes it actually took for them to get it right to look like it was his first time :p
I don't even bother now ! I just pull up unhitch and put the mover on ! Save the embarrassment if I was to **** up and look posh !! :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts