A dirty caravan hides a multitude of sins.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
kelvin said:
Yes Surfer

Looks like the awnings going up tonight because of the forecast for tomorrow. Probably be there between 5 and 6 dependant upon the M5. Show starts at 6, my wife will be the one sitting with a lolly and some chocs and selling raffle tickets, I’ll be the one cursing and drinking cider to relax

The owner of the CL, Mr Cross is very helpful and I am sure you will enjoy your stay there. May even bump into you at a local pub without knowing it is you!
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
yes kelvin , I will add to your list. here are 8 , 9 10 and 11:
tablecloths
silk flowers
candelabra
personalised flag
I have all four! it is meant as a joke though on our part, a mickey take on some who mean business in this respect. We also have a sign that says 'tresspassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again! it makes most people laugh.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
kelvin said:
Yes Surfer

Looks like the awnings going up tonight because of the forecast for tomorrow. Probably be there between 5 and 6 dependant upon the M5. Show starts at 6, my wife will be the one sitting with a lolly and some chocs and selling raffle tickets, I’ll be the one cursing and drinking cider to relax

A woman after my own heart with the lolly and chocs, i dont mind a bit of raffling either

Ohh and i`m in the middle of making myself a personalised hitchlock cover as i dont like the ones on ebay....my OH could be a snob, but I`m too common....

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
  1. Gnomes
  2. Lights
  3. wind breaks
  4. signs that say things
  5. wind mills
  6. nodding birds
  7. white 6” fencing
  8. Solar lights
  9. wind chimes
  10. plants in tubs
  11. those wooden picnic tables with seating
  12. lafuma chairs
    smiley-surprised.gif
Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Snobbery in the caravaning fraternity is alive and well, has always been there and always will be, the biggest offender is the caravan club, pop along to one of their local rallies and witness it first hand at one of there socials in the village hall or marquee, see the Lady's dolled up to the nines with their high heels on trotting across the muddy rally field, with hubby close by with large bag containing all the gear for the nights entertainment.
Then once at the venue, normally a good hour or so before it is due to take place, Hubby's bag is unloaded and the table comes alive with, Royal Albert plates or the like, Crystal wine glasses, hall marked cutlery,best linen napiery, all ready for the feast of bangers and mash! Yes snobbery is alive and well........................................................................lol

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
cookieones said:
Snobbery in the caravaning fraternity is alive and well, has always been there and always will be, the biggest offender is the caravan club, pop along to one of their local rallies and witness it first hand at one of there socials in the village hall or marquee, see the Lady's dolled up to the nines with their high heels on trotting across the muddy rally field, with hubby close by with large bag containing all the gear for the nights entertainment.
Then once at the venue, normally a good hour or so before it is due to take place, Hubby's bag is unloaded and the table comes alive with, Royal Albert plates or the like, Crystal wine glasses, hall marked cutlery,best linen napiery, all ready for the feast of bangers and mash! Yes snobbery is alive and well........................................................................lol
You forgot about the tables that have been "booked" by people leaving their drinks on the table or jacket/coats over the chairs although they will not pitch up until much later.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
cookieones said:

Love it.

And not a child in sight.

Lisa

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
LMH said:
cookieones said:

Love it.

And not a child in sight.

Lisa
And don't forget , no dogs and me as a real scruff.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
When coming out of Asda last night, I noticed a very nice Range Rover coming round the car park, well it was the number plate what stood out
SN08 ***
smiley-laughing.gif

I nearly crashed with laughter
smiley-wink.gif

I wonder how much they paid for the number plate ?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sproket said:
When coming out of Asda last night, I noticed a very nice Range Rover coming round the car park, well it was the number plate what stood out
SN08 ***
smiley-laughing.gif

I nearly crashed with laughter
smiley-wink.gif

I wonder how much they paid for the number plate ?

Brilliant.

A friend of mine has a number plate on his brand new range rover. 'gyp 1'
smiley-laughing.gif
No racist comments please, it takes all sorts.

Lisa xxx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well spotted Surfer,then there is hubby discretely trying to pour his supermarket brand of beer in to his silver tankard, whilst trying to hide the can inside the carrier bag so as not to be seen...........lol. Any one ever been to the annual diner and dance? Tuxedo's at the ready....................................................
smiley-wink.gif

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well boys and girls I’m so proud of myself I have to share it:

Got there about 5.15 and started to set up at about 5.40 by 8.30 me and she was tucking into cheese and wine, and I’d put up the awning and the sleeping compartment, and sky and had a few ciders toboot. Looked for surfer but it was a no show LOL. The weather was better then expected with quite a bit of sun shine yes sun shine! Met some nice people from Nottingham and from by Sandringham we had a few laughs. Unfortunately the old couple next to us in a motor home did not, I think, appreciate us staying up late, As their lights where out 8:30 sharp and unfortunately had to wait for us to rise from our slumber Sunday morning (about 9.00) in order to move on. Apparently they where ready to go at about 6.00 but because they parked across the pitch my car (car-van-awning) was preventing them getting out (mind you he’d got about 15’ in front of him)

So it was a good weekend but I had to chase round Sunday afternoon in order to pay – not really used to that – normally they chase me LOBL.

Now the bad side: Looks like I’ve completely %^&%^& the car up! Coming down the hill the opposite side of the river seven to Stourport town My water pump seized up took the cambelt out and most probably knackered the valves. Good old RAC (glad I’m paying the £10.55/month) got us back within 3 hours.

What are these Harrods hitch covers – I want one!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts