About time the CAMC woke up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It seems that the CAMC will be introducing deposits in the near future which i think will be welcomed by many people who were unable to book a week on a site because the weekend had been booked full a couple of months previously etc. Doesn't bother us as we seldom sue CAMC as find other commercial sites in the same area with more facilities cheaper on many occasions. See HERE for latest details on CAMC deposits etc.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I've noticed that more CLs are requiring deposits, particularly in SW England - one wants full payment at time of booking!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed that more CLs are requiring deposits, particularly in SW England - one wants full payment at time of booking!
We don't mind paying a deposit or the full amount a week or two before arriving, but not the full amount months in advance. In the meantime the CL could change hands, close down etc and you may lose out as more than likely you cannot use a card for payment.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We don't mind paying a deposit or the full amount a week or two before arriving, but not the full amount months in advance. In the meantime the CL could change hands, close down etc and you may lose out as more than likely you cannot use a card for payment.
Some CLs do accept card payment

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That last break we took was a caravan site and they suggested BAC transfer never done one so I said not sure they said give us cash on arrival and that what we did

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Have not come across one yet. Most want a cheque in the post as reluctant to give you bank details for a BACs transfer. We no longer do cheques. Paypal is another option with some.
I've used card and BACS transfer at CLs within the last year - I've never done Paypal for anything.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Last November and this May I used a software payment system operated by the two CLs to pay my deposit then final payment by card. Isn’t it really just a case that amongst the large number of CL/CS there will be variations on how they would like payment to be made. I was quite content to use any method specified by the Owner, even though finding my cheque book can be time consuming. But the walk to the Post box helps the daily step count.

Reactions: Jcloughie

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
The CL we used recently required half paid at time of booking and final payment before arrival, both by BACS. No refunds. I wasn't keen somehow, but it was a cracker of a CL, and we will probably visit again.

Reactions: kbrad
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The CL we used recently required half paid at time of booking and final payment before arrival, both by BACS. No refunds. I wasn't keen somehow, but it was a cracker of a CL, and we will probably visit again.
Sound like an interesting site and would be grateful for information of where it is for future reference.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I guess that may depend how far ahead the booking ins made - I prefer to plan/book the whole of next year by around this time of year - so some bookings nearly 12 months in advance - I have no issue with the final payment on or just before arrival but "lending" them substantial money for a long period seems just wrong.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess that may depend how far ahead the booking ins made - I prefer to plan/book the whole of next year by around this time of year - so some bookings nearly 12 months in advance - I have no issue with the final payment on or just before arrival but "lending" them substantial money for a long period seems just wrong.
No different really to making a booking with a commercial holiday company. They are a business subject to whims and changes of their customers and the market. But we all can exercise choice.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also have booked well in advance i prefer to get a good spot near the toilet block or disabled facilities i have to ring Northwood caravan and holiday park up next month that when they are doing the diary for the 2022 season and leave a deposit but we like to pay the balance in cash on the arrival day

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Look it up, not your sort of site, I think.
Actually when we were seasonal guess what there was no toilet block but this site came with fully hardstanding service pitches TV hook up a fishing pond, fantastic views and winter storage for the caravan

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Due to something come up we had to change one of the dates but the C/L site was great about it
Which C/L?
When?
You're not providing any valid information in these random one line comments Beachball, so there's little point in posting them unless it's to game the forum points and trophy system which is very much against forum rules and will result in a ban.
I've mentioned this to you privately more than once but my warnings are having no effect.
There's no need to post comments just for the sake of posting them, and if no valid point is being made or information shared , why do it?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about the details the site we are trying out is
Goats fell Farm C/L Leek
Fully hardstanding Service pitches and a Toilet block
We are booked in April but a bit later then we were going want to get the caravan check to see if everything is ok

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You’ve lost me BB. Most CLs prefer on line card payments. Can’t remember the last time I paid cash.
It obviously varies according to what sort of CLs are used - 9 out of 10 CLs I use require cash, mostly at the end of the stay but a few on arrival.

Reactions: JTQ
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts