ADAC contact info please

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Several months ago, I blieve it may have been Dianne, produced an e-mail contact address to enable payment of the ADAC subscription by credit card. I thought I'd be clever and save the relevant page, however the page is now no longer available.

If anyone could produce/reproduce the necessary info I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Roland.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Roland

Saw your plea this evening and here are my contact details:- the contact I had was.

Kathryn Wenzl email:- service@gks.adac.de

This lady sent the form by email and I was able to Fax the payment by Credit Card, she was very helpful. I have also had contact with Christina Herbst too same email address.

I believe now you can probably pay by email. Perhaps you should ask the question. If you find out that you can pay a different way please let me know.

I do not know whether you know but if you go to ADAC website and have Google translate it automatically comes up all in English.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes thanks Lutz. What I mean is you can get the whole of the website translated into English if you turn on Google Translate which is handy for all German websites. I wish I did not need it but do not know enough German to speak or understand much. Hope I can learn a bit more when we go to Germany and Austria on 7th April till the 8th of June. Cannot wait!!!

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your replies Dianne and Lutz. Will keep you informed if there is an easier way to pay subscription. Usually pay in cash at a Sparkasse when we go over to the Christmas market, although last year I was charged 7 Euros at a Sparkasse in Wegberg.

PS had a great time in Berlin, Dresden, Sachsische Schweiz and Leipzig in June.

Roland.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, of course coffee can be served, too. We live just 5 minutes away from the junction of the A3 and A66 between Wiesbaden and Frankfurt, so if you're ever this way, let me know.

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Sent an e-mail to ADAC on Monday p.m. asking if it is possible to pay annual subscription by credit/debit card. Had a reply by post this morning (Friday), in English, with the simple and straight forward instructions.

Thanks to Dianne for the e-mail address she supplied.

Roland.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Roland

Coul you send me the instructions by email. If you ask the Moderators they will send you my email address.

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dianne have the instructions you require, now waiting to be contacted by moderator regarding your e-mail.

Will forward info as soon as possible. If I have no joy with your e-mail address, I'll have to try typing out the whole letter as a message on the forum.

Roland.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Maybe others would welcome the opportunity to share the information contained in the letter. If you can scan it, you can email it to me and I will put it in the forum. That would save typing it all out.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone on this topic. I believe that ADAC is the equivalent of our AA / RAC in Europe ? Can you explain the advantage of joining, as we intend to visit Europe in the future. Can you also give an indication of the cost of joining, plus any other information you think would be helpful.

Best regards

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Lutz, I thought that thread you put on for me was still there but I did look and you are right it does not go back to February/March 2009 when I was taking up the ADAC membership.

Quickly, for a friend, I was just trying to find the exact cover for towing of caravan in case of breakdown. Details of size etc that you posted for me. I have looked on the ADAC website but even with it being translated into English, I cannot find the Caravan cover. Can you remeber what is was or where it is in the ADAC details of cover for Partner Plus.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Bedford George my husband and I joined ADAC Partner Plus (98.70 Euros) last year as we could not cover with AA, RAC, or Green Flag direct for a large twin axle caravan abroad or less we went through the Caravan Club to which we belong or the C&CC which we do not belong to. Both these cost a lot of money well over

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You're right, Dianne, about there being no explicit mention of caravan coverage in the description of services covered by ADAC 'Plus' membership, so at the time when you asked, I phoned the ADAC for clarification. Their reply was that all single axle trailers are covered, regardless of length. Before you get too worried, a twin axle caravan counts as a single axle over here because the two axles are less than 1 metre apart.

If anyone wants to become a member, you can also write me an email and I would arrange for the ADAC to get in touch with you.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Lutz for this info. I will tell the guy who enquired about it and certainly will email you if I need the help of ADAC to contact a prospective cutomer. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Lutz

As ever, excellent information. I have been thinking for some time about joining ADAC (I live in the UK, but travel mostly to France with the Caravan.

I seem to remember some 'small print' issues with ADAC for those people like me who reside in the UK. I cannot recall the precise detail, but think it was something to do with 'distance' restrictions for recovery from Europe to the UK-do you have any information about such limitations?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
No, because ADAC coverage is Europewide (actually, repatriation costs relating to injury and illness are covered worldwide). You will see in the Terms and Conditions that the ADAC make reference to contact the local automobile club for assistance in those countries where the ADAC does not have its own office. In the case of the UK, the partner club is the AA.

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Lutz

Thanks for this. However, I am still not clear. In the English version of the TOC's which Diane has supplied under 'Pick up service in Germany, the inference is that repatriation to the members residence is only for events that happen in that country. Otherwise, why would Germany be mentioned specifically?

Does this mean that if a similar incident happened elsewhere that a lesser service would be available?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
As I understand the Terms and Conditions, the pick up service applies only to incidents occuring in Germany and has nothing to do with country of residence. However, I'd suggest you contact the ADAC and ask them to clarify if this is an issue of concern to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts