Adhesive on polyplastic window

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi all looking for some more advice from you knowledgable folk out there. Recently had to replace one of my windows due to an attempted break in ,the replacement second hand window I got is perfect excactly the same , however the window came very well packaged with a sticky film on the window to prevent it getting scratched. I have removed this protector and there is loads of sticky glue remaining on both sides of the window which I can't get off what would you advise I use, I'm a bit funny about putting the wrong thing on these windows due to some products damaging the plastic. I have read about desolve it sticky stuff remover would this work or is there any auto glym products that can be used. I feel like it needs something thick like a polish rather than a liquid . Any advice is welcome feel it's gonna take an age to get all the glue off. Thanks in advance

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi There Fellwalker. Two things here for you to try and one is Use a little WD 40 or you could try Sticky Stuff Remover.Neither of them should hurt the window. . Let us know how you get on .
Sir Roger .

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Just an update on getting the glue off my window. Went and bought some of the sticky stuff remover as advised, have to admit was a little sceptical about it working, but what great stuff it is. After trying all sorts to get the glue of the window with no luck I thought it would take ages for it to come off. But this stuff got it off instantly with very little effort, cleaned it afterwards with acrylic window cleaner hey presto shiny new window.
Thanks for advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts