Advice please on M6 toll road

May 8, 2011
Visit site
We are hoping to go to the Motorhome Show at Knutsford in Cheshire. I'm travelling from Buckinghamshire on the M40/M42/M6 and getting to the M42 at approximately 7a.m. on Thursday with our car and caravan. Can anyone advise me of the road conditions from the M42 onwards at that time in the morning? Is the best option to continue on to the M6 or let the moths out of my pocket and stump up for the M6 toll road @ £8.40........
Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.......

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I travel from Juction 5 M42 (Solihull) to Junction 9 M6 (Wednesbury) every week day to cover the 18 miles it takes me over an hour. the main blockage is around spagetti juction area.. sorry but it's pot luck. the toll road is very expensive(IMO) depends if you are in an hurry. if you did decide on the toll you would miss all the congestion area. why don't you tune the radio into BBC WM (94.8) there tracfic service is good and if there are delays on the M6 north you can carry on up the M42 and jump on the toll road

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I live near to J9/10 of the M6 - the only time I use these jucntions is between 12 and 7am. I have even been in a jam during these hours!
As a rule of thumb forget it out side these times, I find it quicker to go through the towns to the M5 or M52 and I can litterally be at J10 within 4 min.
The toll road is no good for the locals but niether is the M6. £8.40 is a bargin.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Alan... stump up the £8.40 The Toll Road takes loads of time off when your tugging the van, used it many times going to Scotland and all ares North East.
You will be pleasently surprised with your run
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts