Aeroplus wind deflector

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
it depends on you point of view and the vehicle you tow with they are a modern design of the old windslammer that did work quite well by deflecting airflow straight over the van to reduce wind drag.

it could however be argued that with the design of modern caravans that there is less drag on them anyway plus car manufacturers spend millions of quids getting the drag effect down on our cars this would be spoilt if one was left on the car when not towing (I doubt most would remove them while away or touring) so any gain would soon be lost once the van was unhooked.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Like Colin says, any form of wind deflector is a hit-and-miss thing. As no-one has any idea of the aerodynamics of the respective outfit, any improvement achieved by fitting a deflector is purely by luck and could just as well have resulted in no improvement at all. It all depends on where the deflector is placed - a little further forward or a little further back can make a big difference.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Lutz bang on, back in the eighties can't remember who did the appropriate tests, it was found not to improve fuel economy one bit, as you say Lutz where do you place it at the front, middle or to the rear of the car plus at the correct distance from the front of the caravan.

The only thing mine helped with back then was there were less flies on the front of the van, but a sponge and water were considerably cheaper.

Before l invest in one l would like to see the detailed test to prove it saved money on the incial outlay plus the pay back time.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz bang on, back in the eighties can't remember who did the appropriate tests, it was found not to improve fuel economy one bit, as you say Lutz where do you place it at the front, middle or to the rear of the car plus at the correct distance from the front of the caravan.

The only thing mine helped with back then was there were less flies on the front of the van, but a sponge and water were considerably cheaper.

Before l invest in one l would like to see the detailed test to prove it saved money on the incial outlay plus the pay back time.

NigelH
My thoughts entirely

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its also one more thing to do when setting up and needs removing when on site

The demise of cars with gutters saw the Windslammers fall out of fashion

Many were just DIY jobs often covered with sites I've visited stickers

TRENDING THREADS