Alde 3020 Control Panel very dim

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The control panel dsplay has gone very dim, so much so you can hardly see the symbols. You have to press it very hard too, though it is working. The back light feature for night time brightness has not been altered.
The van only came back from service 3 weeks ago and it was working fine then. The van is a 7 year old Coachman VIP 575/4 which we've had from new and serviced annually.
Any ideas or is it a new control panel that's needed ? I've tried resetting it.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The control panel dsplay has gone very dim, so much so you can hardly see the symbols. You have to press it very hard too, though it is working. The back light feature for night time brightness has not been altered.
The van only came back from service 3 weeks ago and it was working fine then. The van is a 7 year old Coachman VIP 575/4 which we've had from new and serviced annually.
Any ideas or is it a new control panel that's needed ? I've tried resetting it.

Give Alde UK a call, they are extremely helpful.

John

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I have a 2016 VIP 575/4 and wouldn't swap it for anything.

This may be of help to you about the brightness of the screen.

Alde are indeed very customer focussed and answer the phone or answer email enquiries quickly. I contacted Alde about the fact that I had to push quite hard on the control panel screen to activate functions too. I was told that this is often a consequence of the panel being screwed down too tightly and what to do about it. So, I carefully removed the plastic surround from the control panel which reveals the fixng screws. I then removed them and, as per instructions, left the control panel loose in the mounting hole for 24 hours. This apparently allows the control panel to relax and reset. The following day I refitted the control panel but only gently tightened the mounting screws just enough so the panel didn't move. Voila! I now only have to touch instead of pressing on the function buttons to activate them.
Give it a try before shelling out for a new panel.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. We don't use the settings to dim the screen at night as it isn't in sight of the bed. Unfortunately, it's so dim now apart from the Menu screen which I know by heart the others past the tools icon you can't see clear enough to play around with.
Going to ring Alde today.
BTW we love our Coachman too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts