Alko Arm Replacement

May 2, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I'm looking for some advice on replacing the stabiliser arms on an Alko 3004 stabiliser. The existing Right hand one has cracked so doesn't grip as hard as it could. It looks like its should be a quite simple £30 DIY repair, but just wondering if there are any gotcha's to catch me out.

Thanks in advance

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think i would be concerned as to how or why it cracked in the first place, and you need to be absolutely certain, if this is from impact damage, that there are no hairline cracks in the head itself.

Do you have a link to the part you refer to?
If it is the plastic handle only, they can easily be replaced. Al=ko do an aftermarket handle for 4x4 vehicles, designed for the end user to fit, and Im sure this would fit in exactly the same way as a replacement handle.

May 2, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for reply. I noticed this on return from my last trip at Easter. I'm sure it's not from impact damage, as the hitch was away from the road on the site we stayed at.

The van had just been serviced, and had new friction pads fitted so i'd hope that if the damage had been there it would have been noticed at service. I suspect the extra pressure of the new pads probably caused the arm to crack..

Its the arm i'm looking to replace rather than the handle, ALKO PART NUMBER 290242. Looks like its just a few tork screws to remove. I was just concerned that there may be a hidden spring or something similar that would complicate things.

Thanks

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Damian the moderator is probaly the best man for an answer. If there is a spring in there, Im assuming it wouldnt be powerful one, I have a feeling, but not sure, this actually works on a cam or bearing.

There is a schematic here:
http://www.groveproducts.co.uk/medias/documents/grove/cata/BIZ1801%20Spares%20Alko.pdf

pay attention to parts 6,7 and 8.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts