Alko trailer assist/brakes

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Travelling back from Spain found brakes on van were no working every time i braked a thump at back of car.on taking to dealer found shoes completely gone and drum and springs U/s .i have not towed with the brake on as i use a motor mover to hitch and this would not work if brake was on.Alko refuse to do this under warenty they say the only way it would happen is if the brake was on,so i have a bill for £500 now anybody else had this problem

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Had similar problem with the ATC. showing green as it should but when got home brakes on van were hot. It was due a service and brakes and drums were u/s. dealer eventually replaced under warranty.(luckily the mech at the dealers phoned me to say about the ATC problem so the dealer couldn't blame driving with brake on, which I have never done) The van was used but came with a good warranty. been OK since.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yu do not say what van and whether you have ATC fitted or not.
This information would be helpful to be able to give a possible reason.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Sometimes if an adapter between 13-7 pins is used they can make and brake, this then powers and depowers the ATC, at motorway speeds this may not be obviously felt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts