Angry aggresive people

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Every where you go now days there is angry aggresive people.

Are they putting somthing in the water is there some huge expariment going on? From driving to shopping from just walking in the street,s people are just loosing it at the smallist thing. Has anybody else noticed this trend or is it just me.

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it is now endemic in the UK.

My theory is that because of the Nanny State and all the 'Do Gooders' no one has ever said NO to these people from being a baby to being on the dole and now we have 3 generations of it. So when they come up against any sort of authority the poor things feel badly done to.

What do you think?

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
I know it sounds silly but i have noticed young, old all age groups of people are so angry and aggresive with every body and they do not know why them selfs. Its got to be somthing there eating or drinking. Been watching to much Alan sugar on tv.But if somthing does ot change soon the lids going to blow off.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Look at what people are being brainwashed with on TV. There are virtually no programmes that are not violent, aggressive or have the attitude of what you want you get. We are now seeing the results.

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Stephen, my generic theory wasn't aimed at caravanners (Ha Ha)nor people who have unfortunatly lost their jobs because of inept greedy bankers. It was targeted at a growing culture of angry (this where we came in) people that haven't lost a job but never had one nor ever wanted one ..... but can you blame them? when you see the antics of the government, footballers,so called celebs not foregetting Eastenders.

I think I'll start a new topic.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I have not seen many older people aggresive or angry , but they do see how the world is changing from from their younger day's. We who have lived through WW11 knew hardships and were more tolerant each other so when we see such violence we do comment about it as part of a conversation and sometimes with frustration and thats as far it is taken. On average you do not see wrinklies in demostrations.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ban "political correctness"!!! Why can't we say exactly what we mean? Thats why everybody is aggressive, its all "pent up" emotion and they can't get it off their chests for fear of saying the wrong thing!!

Sod Europe, sod PC, bring back the good old days when the "do gooders" didn't exist and this country had morals and high standards, marriage, family, and wern't so selfish!!! When generations of people didn't believe the world owned them something, and that if you wanted something you damn well went out and worked for it!

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
Hear hear! Lorraine. Very well said.

PC is certainly the cause of a lot of trouble - possibly more then it saves.

That said, unfortunetly with the hours we all work, and most mothers not now at home for a lot of the time due to the stupid idea that *everyone* should work, coupled with everyday pressure, I fear we are all heading for the melting pot. Eventually the suppression MUST come out.

As for the Nanny state, God help us if politicians and civil servants ever came out into the real world. I get peed off being told firstly it's bad to go to the pub and have a drink... now it's bad to drink indoors as well. I have a glass and a half of red wine almost every night. Thats my tipple and treat. I barely drink anything else, and NEVER get drunk, yet apparently I'm a heavy drinker thats gonna die young. It says a lot for old Ron and Owen that have been drinking two pints every night in my local for the last 27 years! Ron celebrated his 81st birthday last week!

woody

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Its Jobseeker not dole and you only get it for s1x months.

Please do not even go there as myself and my wife have just been made redundent from our jobs.
Hi Stephen

Can sympathise with you, I also got made redundant lately.... trying to put poositive spin on it at mo, gives me more time to go out in the van.............Hope you boht get sorted soon.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Woody,

In answer to your question, I reguarly read the forum and we welcome discussion of all caravan magazines on this forum. Even that one...

Cheers

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I used to be happy go lucky but just lately I feel I may be slipping into the angry and aggressive category.

I think it is with having a fixed income but I see things like my road tax jumping to

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
I would say that people are more angry and aggressive now because with every passing day things are made more and more frustrating. We are regulated to the point were we can hardly draw breath and if we do get angry you can be accused of being threatening by just raising your voice!. I was barred from a flight that I had payed for because following a long (and delayed international flight) I arrived to check in for my flight from Heathrow to Belfast to be delayed greatly by one BMI staff member allowing people with out luggage to jump the queue for the check in machines. I voiced my discontent and because I was standing in a queue several yards from him (in a noisy airport terminal) I had to raise my voice. I didn't use bad language and I didn't threaten him etc and yet a BMI supervisor came over told me it was unacceptable to shout at her staff and refused to let me check in. This sort of PC madness leads to frustration and could if I was a less well controlled individual have led to actual physical aggression.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Is this the same William that finds the over weight issue offensive :cool:

I was always taught it was rude to talk over others in a queue.

"PC madness" well maybe but we should all have the right to speak openly!

G

"Angry aggresive people" Maybe some people shud hoover-up some Ballivian marching powder up there hooters.

TRENDING THREADS