Angry aggresive people

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I too am sick of this society in which we live. I was born in '51 and have managed to bring up two reasonable children (never been in trouble) one of whom went to uni and is a teacher the other chose not to and used to be a conveyancer until she was made redundant in December and has now got an "admin" job at 2/3rds of her salary. Both had to work whilst doing A levels because although EMA was piloted here they were eligible, although several of their friends who were from divorced parents and who went to private schools (mine went to state) managed to get it due to the mother's lack of income. Husband made redundant in November and had his first interview on Friday for a job at 1/2 his normal salary. Me keeping up the payments (for the next two years) on the endowment mortgage which will not pay out (luckily we have made overpayments for years so will not have to fund from savings). Ha!!! savings which, the government deem to bring in 7% interest therefore making us unentitled to council tax benefit, together with inflating my self-employed income by 50%!!!! So having paid into the system for over 40 years each hubbie gets 60.50 (just gone up to 64 something) but only until next month when he will be means tested and, going by the council tax benefit application, will mean nothing at all for him so having to rely on my inconsistent income which, I have to say I have not been saving from to pay my tax bill next year!!!

Me bitter and twisted pah.

And to top it all I can't afford the time off working to enjoy my caravan.

But aggressive no just totally teed off.

G

Sheila,

I offer sympathy on your position and having been 'there' several times, can appreciate the effects. As someone who was born a shade too young to enjoy the 'swinging 60's' but got to suffer the miserable 70's, all grey doom and dead not being buried. The 80's were the time of interest rates and taxes rising to repair the damage of the 70's, my salary was also halved to keep mysef in a job. The 90's saw interest rates at 15% and redundancy twice. Now that I am retired, my savings interest has dropped to zilch. And the young complain that they are having hard time, and we have never had it so good.

Seriously thinking about moving out of the country but cannot find anywhere that does not have problems as well.

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
totally agree kids today are spoilt without any respect i think that the soaps should be shown after nine as young kids watch them and the story lines are far from what they should be watching

Mar 30, 2008
Visit site
I say burn the state & all the MP's too, stand up & fight or be run down & taken to the cleaners.

Take this run down country to its knees.

Revolt, REVOLT!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see your point about the need to REVOLT!!!

I've written to my local MP, in the past to ask her to support the ban on fox hunting (I know we all have views on this) but allowing dogs to rip an animal apart while its still alive because some toffs want to dress up and ride their horses on a fun day out to me isn't acceptable. My MP enjoys fox hunting so that was a waste of time. Then I asked her not to support plans to sell of part of Royal Mail, because Postcom wanted competition for delivery providers, they allowed Royal Mail competitors to "cherry pick" the business customers, who now collect mail from customers and then hand it back to Royal Mail to deliver for a small fee which doesn't cover Royal Mails costs, but the competitors won't employ postmen, pay their pensions, sick pay etc, or walk the last mile delivering from Lands End to John O'Groats for the cost of a first class stamp so eventually we will not have postmen, never be able to receive a birthday card or Christmas Card all because our government want to sell of yet another one of our countries assets! What will we have left? No car industry, no coal, no steel, the reduction of growing our own apples because we have to import, not allowed to fish our own waters (but Europe can...) so yes, I'm angry and frustrated, I've even thought of setting up my own political party - The All England - cos I'm so fed up with people being so angry and aggressive, we should have free prescriptions (like Scotland) we shouldn't have to pay for hospital car parks (like Wales) nor should we have to pay university fees. Criminal sentences should match the crime, life should mean life! Children should be taught manners, parents should be responsible for their children, schools should enforce school uniforms, children should go to school 9 - 4pm and stay there all day, not wonder around the streets at lunchtime getting up to mischief, that way the public would quickly notice a child skipping school!! There should be a points system on immigration (like Australia). Immigrants shouldn't be able to arrive here and milk our benefits system. Road tax should be abolished and be included in fuel (to avoid tax dodgers) the fuel duty should be reduced. Our road hauliers should receive discount fuel to give them an even playing field against all the foreign truck drivers! Repossessed homes should be bought by the council for housing stock and rented back to the defaulter if they have lived there for a certain qualifying number of years (having paid a mortgage for years) but they would not be able to ever purchase the house thus keeping it in council control.

Dogs must be registered to an address and an owner, with much tighter controls on breeding dogs. The elderly shouldn't pay for their heating if they live alone, and school children should be encouraged during their school curiculum to visit elderly people and help with shopping, gardening etc to help them communicate with older people! Public transport should be mostly free locally to encourage fewer car journeys. We wouldn't need to build so many new roads! British tourism should be encouraged, a British car industry encouraged, and we should grow more of our own food.....I've calmed down a bit now, let off steam, and will now sit and fume with the millions of others!!!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lorraine

Re hunting: 'because some toffs want to dress up and ride their horses on a fun day out'

--------

You've obviously never been to a meet. I'm not a toff and used to ride out regularly with the Quorn.

Have you ever been in a hen house when the fox has paid a visit?

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa

Yes, actually I have seen what devastation a fox can cause in a hen house and I fully agree with you it is a horrible sight.

However,the fox population are killed on the road and I doubt there are any caravanners who have never seen such road kill.

Given the number of cars, more foxes meet an untimely death this way than on a fox hunt. Therefore, the cars do a splendid job for you, there really is no need to single out one particular fox and chase it to exhaustion and then allow dogs to rip it apart, this is really barbaric and very, very cruel, no animal on earth deserves to be chased across our countryside in such a way, and it cannot possible be described as a sport?! I sincerely hope we won't ever see it entered as one of the Olympic sports!

I hate all cruelty to animals, and would hate to see a dog chased in the same way and ripped apart, there would be an outcry. Enjoy your day out riding horses, getting dressed up and the social side, but at least set a scent by drag hunting rather than the horrific end to a day out - leave it to the cars and transport to do the damage, and thats without disease, hunger etc.

With regard to describing it as a "toffs" sport, I haven't seen any inner city, hard working families choosing to take the children on a day out fox hunting, keeping a horse is quite costly and the sport would be out of reach for a lot of people, it is not a sport to keep fit and get the children healthy, the fresh air and riding might be nice, but watching an animal scream in agony being ripped limb from limb is not an ideal memory of happy times for a child, so I believe the average family on an average income would not save up for this type of day out! Therefore is has always been thought of a "sport" for the gentry, together with breeding grouse simply to shoot them for sport, man has always killed for food, but killing for sport does take things too far, this is my personal view together with many, many other people, hence my request to my local MP for support to try and stop such cruelty.

We obviously must beg to differ on this issue as people do all over the country, all I wanted was to be represented by my MP who only uses her own viewpoint, thus ignoring the fact that she was elected to represent "the people" and not just herself!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

It is an activity where horse and rider have to be incredibly fit actually, it's not simply a case of transport your horse to meet, mount and off you go.

To ride a full day or half a day, a person has to be not only a capable horseman/woman but very fit indeed. You've got half a ton of horse under your saddle, not a poodle.

Lisa

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Lorraine,

It is certainly not just the wealthy who go hunting. Many ordinary people spend their well earned money buying and owning a horse and go hunting or involve themselves in many other horse events.Where horse events are concerned you get a real cross section of society.

You state" the elderly should'nt pay for their heating if they live alone". I am a pensioner, and know a great many pensioners with good well earned pensions who do not need handouts from the state, and would not thank you for them. I have nothing against people who have fallen on hard times receiving help.

Nothing in life is free, someone somewhere ends up paying.

Hamer

Mar 30, 2008
Visit site
Im not mentioning my views on fox hunting other than I have lived in the countryside all my life, I personnally know alot of farmers & landowners & they belive the same as me, that a well trained guy with a well trained rifle is much better than a pack of dogs.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Some of my female staff were expressing their bitterness with life ...... Too young for the Yanks, too old for the pill.

But why are we bitter? Cos they are all out to get us. Think of the stresses of driving today. Speed cameras, parking wardens, etc. Schools have been closed to save money, then you have to pay more to send your kids to school. Those in authority use that authority to fine you. So you respond by suing them. They up the ante...... You can only afford a hovel, but thats not an option, the rukes prevent it.

I believe in Switzerland, you cannot have a "tinkle" after a certain time, in case it disturbs the neighbours. But if you want to open a pub, pay the licence fee.........

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
WHATS WRONG WITH BEING ANGRY ALL THE TIME?IT LETS ME WATCH THE TV ON MY OWN ,NO ONE ASKS WHO'S HE? WHAT HAPPENED? CAN YOU TURN IT DOWN/UP/OVER OR OFF IT'S BLOODY FANTASTIC .

WHEN YOU ARE OUT NO ONE COMES NEAR YOU.

AND FOR FITNESS IT GETS YOU FREE BOXING OR WRESTLING WITH A FREE YOGA MEDITATION ROOM AT THE END OF IT.

THEN YOU GET A NICE DOCTOR TO GIVE YOU SOME MEDICATED SWEETS AND everything feels alot better until someone asks you to turn the telly over /up or down.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON CARAVANNERS WHO BUY A CAR THAT IS NOT POWERFULL ENOUGH TO PULLS THEIR PALACE ON WHEELS PAST 30MPH ON A 60MPH ROAD.

WHERES MY SWEETIES?

G

Oh dear, somone call the nurse.
happy0060.gif

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
hi lorraine, interesting debate but you will never persuade people who go foxhunting to change there opinion, its the same with the bovine TB association with cattle, theres no scientific proof that it is tranmitted from badgers to cattle but the culls still go on, in fact in areas where the culls have taken place bovine TB has increased, its a load of old codswallop. ive lived in the countryside all my life working has a thatcher and i must admit it is a nice site to see foxhounds and the hunt chasing but why oh why do they have to chase the fox, drag hunting would be so much nicer except they wouldnt get the kill and the blood which is why they do it. not nice at all so im behind you all the way, its very barbaric and road kills do account for a lot of foxes lives, hope i havent put the cat among the pidgeons, (is that spelt right)

anyway an interesting debate. perry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Perry

Thanks for your comments - it is reassuring to hear somebody else also thinks that the final part of the chase is barbaric and it is really not necessary. Like you, I have absolutely no problems with people dressing up and charging around the countryside on their horses, I'm sure they have great fun and a good ride, what I cannot understand is that they use the fox as an excuse, like the others said, it is much kinder to shoot the animal if it is causing farming problems, but to chase it and then let a pack of dogs rip it apart is horrific, I don't know how these people can have that image in their mind and then get a good nights sleep! I have also read that TB has increased in areas where badgers have been culled, it would seem that mankind doesn't have the answers to everything, infact, I think we are doing a pretty good job of messing up our planet interferring with animals and the food chain, everytime there is evidence of yet another endangered species it comes back to Man in some shape or form. I hope funhunters will reconsider their sport, I just don't understand the "thrill" of hearing an animal scream in agony? I don't care if its to keep fit, get fresh air, or control the fox population (even though the traffic does that!) and I am sincerely pleased that they enjoy riding their horses, as long as the horses are well cared for, no problem, its just the final part, I am sure drag hunting just doesn't give these cruel people the thrill of seeing the blood and an animal scream as its legs are ripped off while its alive and exhausted running in fear, what is the matter with these people? Animal cruelty is a wicked, terrible thing, it cannot be a "sport" - sport should be a good thing, cruelty cannot hide behind its title.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, I am a supporter of hunting, always have been and always will be.

I guess I am one of those 'cruel' people to whom you refer.

I also guess I am one of those 'cruel' people who spent ten years doing voluntary work for one of the biggest animal charities in the UK.

I guess I am also one of those 'cruel' people who is a home checker for a breed specific dog rescue.

I guess I am also one of those 'cruel' people who did a lot of voluntary work for the then ILPH, although many years ago.

I guess I am also one of those 'cruel' people who makes a financial donation each month to a well known horse sanctuary.

I guess I am one of those 'cruel' people who, when people ask for my help with dog training, I point them towards the Association of Pet Dog Trainers UK because I believe passionately in their methods and John Fisher certainly knew his stuff.

I guess I am also one of those 'cruel' people who was actively involved in closing down a puppy farm.

I guess I am also one of those 'cruel' people who fought hard to stop the live transportation of horse to the continent in the 80's/early 90's.

I guess I am one of those 'cruel' people who campaigned to stop factory farming of pigs.

Remind me Lorraine, what do you do in your spare time?.......

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here's a final question.

What would you do if you were driving along a road at 4.30am one freezing cold winter's morning and in front of you, in the middle of the road, lay an unconcious fox?

This is what I did.

Stopped the car

Investigated the fox to see if there were any obvious injuries, particularly broken limbs/severe bleeding/check whether it was still breathing

Took off my long socks, made a makeshift muzzle

Took off my jacket

Carefully lifted the fox, wrapped it in my jacket, placed the muzzle over its nose (to prevent injury to me)

Put it in the back of my car

Turned down the heating slightly until it became accoustomed to the temperature

Drove to a phone box (no mobiles in those days)

Phoned the animal and accident rescue unit

Waited an hour for them to meet me

They thanked me and took away the fox (which was starting to come round).

Phoned me 24 hours later to clarify the exact location to where I found it

It was released 48 hours later, having sustained concussion due to being hit by a vehicle.

So we're not all bad. (Smiley icon thingy).

Lisa

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
well done Lisa, you have surpassed all my expectaions of someone who goes foxhunting, cant tar you all with the same brush, ( isnt that something you cut off when youve killed it) :) and by the way what does lorraine do in her spare time??? perry

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
well done Lisa, you have surpassed all my expectaions of someone who goes foxhunting, cant tar you all with the same brush, ( isnt that something you cut off when youve killed it) :) and by the way what does lorraine do in her spare time??? perry
I met a Scottish shooter at a game fair a couple of weeks ago and he'd made a sporran out of a foxes head, now that was gross...... There's were loads of dogs going for it, could have been a nasty accident there.... LOL!

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS