another bad experience of caravan club I am afraid

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2007
Visit site
Quote: I was under the impression that you pay fees for occupying the pitch and the facilties - not to take private ownership of a piece of grass while you are there.

Exactly, well said Jonathan, this is what it is all about.

Graham (Ponty)

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
So, it's acceptable to walk across anyone's pitch is it ? Fine, now how would you feel if, when staying in an hotel, someone used your room as a short cut to the beach via your open door and patio window ? Ok OTT. Lets just say someone uses your balcony to get from one next door neighbour to the other.

Yes, perfectly acceptable, those in favour of pitch intrusion would have to agree !!!!!!!!

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
I have been camping and more recently,caravanning on both commercial and Camping & Caravanning club sites for the past 25 years and have to say that I have not personally experienced any problems with people either complaining to me about myself or my children "invading their space", neither have I had cause myself to feel that other people are causing a nuisance to me.

However, from the comments posted I guess I've just been very lucky.

My view is that if you choose to holiday on a camping/caravan site, you do not have a "personal space" (except obviously inside your tent or caravan) but what you do have is a right to expect other people to behave in a considerate and courtious way, and to do the same yourself (in fact exactly the same situation as in any other walk of life!).

The motto is enjoy yourself, you're on holiday, but respect others too.

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
so what do you do if there is a row of vans against a hedge at the back and a row of vans on the roadside as on the blackmore site c&cc walk about 50 metres back or walk straight across.there is also the play area where they put tents by the toilets one end and vans the other end how do the children get to the swings and slides without crossing pitches and by the way i have no youngsters but like to see them enjoy themselves.

bill

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Rioja - A very different scenario altogether.The hotel has a lock and a key issued to the holder only.A hotel room is classed as a place of residence where as a piece of grass isn't.

As long as people don't invade your space I don't see the problem - courtesy and respect works both ways.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Someone went to the trouble to reproduce the CC terms and conditions. I note one of the conditions clearly says.

'Pitch' means a demarcated area of a Site, for location of an Outfit for recreational purposes as permitted by The Club Terms and Conditions;

Now forgive me if i'm wrong but doesn't the defininion of the word demarcation actually mean:

A "The setting or marking of boundaries or limits.

B "A separation; a distinction; a line of demarcation.

Surely that in itself confirms the entire pitch, and not just where the caravan and awning stands belongs to the person or family who are using it at any given time. Nowhere does it state that other people have free access across a pitch just because they can't be bothered to walk round.

As I said before common courtesy dictates we should not encroach on other peoples space (and its not about cutting the corner on a pitch) but unfortunately, in caravanning, as in many things in life some people don't really care about anyone else because they have been bought only to think of themselves with selfish Me, Me, Me attitude.

Saying all that I think this is just another wind up by philip and I say well done philip you got everyone arguing once again and unfortunately, it's topics like this one that are driving so many good posters away from the forum.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Rioja - A very different scenario altogether.The hotel has a lock and a key issued to the holder only.A hotel room is classed as a place of residence where as a piece of grass isn't.

As long as people don't invade your space I don't see the problem - courtesy and respect works both ways.
Balcony's and patios don't !

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
I think this topic has run its course and should now end.

The most obvious arguments have been aired and now the subject matter is digressing to hotel rooms and balconies!!!which have absolutely nothing to do with pitches on sites.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mod 2,

I agree this topic has run it's course and should now be closed. On the whole apart from a couple of posts where personal abuse was involved and were edited by Mod 1, this topic has been relativly calm, unlike past topics on the forum which have developed into full scale war.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Graham (Ponty)

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I think this topic has run its course and should now end.

The most obvious arguments have been aired and now the subject matter is digressing to hotel rooms and balconies!!!which have absolutely nothing to do with pitches on sites.
Couldn't agree more !

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
Your post was deleted Brian.

This topic is closed.

To post quotes from previous postings invites arguments which is why topics end up in personal abuse and comments.

There is nothing further to be added to this topic, let it rest.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Thats fine Mod , no problem. (",)

I have seen this subject discussed on another forum (wont mention it's name ) and it was dicussed in a sensible and adult way.

It's a shame that on this site nothing can be discussed without it turning into a slanging match.

Hope PC sort it out before even more people leave

Brian (st albans) Nr Daventry

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
The extremely long copied postings from another forum have been removed.

Having visited that forum and read the topic at first hand, if that is a sensible and adult way of conducting a discussion then I must need Specsavers.

I also noted that it almost appears that getting users banned from forums is some kind of sport, which is something best kept where it is, and not re imported into this forum.

As for every topic being turned into a slanging match, that seems to be much less since some posters decided to move forums.

The biggest problem with the current forum engine is the inability to track email addresses easily from the editing part of the engine and getting ISP's to remove web access to the abusers of the system.

Having read many other forums it would seem that some users have tried to hijack this forum to their own ends, almost to the extent of them thinking they can do whatever they like, and when they cannot, it annoys them, hence cries of censorship, etc etc.

Finally, having removed quite a lot of further postings on this topic,

IT IS CLOSED .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The extremely long copied postings from another forum have been removed.

Having visited that forum and read the topic at first hand, if that is a sensible and adult way of conducting a discussion then I must need Specsavers.

I also noted that it almost appears that getting users banned from forums is some kind of sport, which is something best kept where it is, and not re imported into this forum.

As for every topic being turned into a slanging match, that seems to be much less since some posters decided to move forums.

The biggest problem with the current forum engine is the inability to track email addresses easily from the editing part of the engine and getting ISP's to remove web access to the abusers of the system.

Having read many other forums it would seem that some users have tried to hijack this forum to their own ends, almost to the extent of them thinking they can do whatever they like, and when they cannot, it annoys them, hence cries of censorship, etc etc.

Finally, having removed quite a lot of further postings on this topic,

IT IS CLOSED .
I think that 99.9% of us would be in agreement with you Mod.

Too many 'children' airing personal grievances.

Dec 2, 2006
Visit site
Moderator, I hope as the original poser of the question you may allow me to end. My purpose in wanting to do so is to assure on e or two that I am not trying to wind people up. The question was genuine and the comments interesting.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
So, it's acceptable to walk across anyone's pitch is it ? Fine, now how would you feel if, when staying in an hotel, someone used your room as a short cut to the beach via your open door and patio window ? Ok OTT. Lets just say someone uses your balcony to get from one next door neighbour to the other.

Yes, perfectly acceptable, those in favour of pitch intrusion would have to agree !!!!!!!!
What a load of crap your eg is. I could understand if you were saying people were cutting through your awning or through your van.

I bet you have got your garden fenced off to stop the post man or papper boy cutting accross your land.

G.

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Sorry Rod, but i'm with Philip on this one, at the end of the day you are on a camp site where people walk about all over the place. Just because your caravan is sited on a piece of grass it does not mean that piece of grass is yours. This is one of the reasons I left the CC, just like Philip I have come across neighbours who looked at you as if you had no right to be there.

I am no longer a member of any club and holiday on commercial camp sites now and meet a better type of caravaner.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)
Graham I totally agree with you and philip on this. it is people like Rod that give caravanners a bad name. it is totally out of order, this is why we never go to cc sites too. we have met loads of lovely folk. on sites in east and north yorkshire, infact we have just got back today from springwillows near scarborough and it was fab nearly all the caravans were owned by young families and we all got on very well, everyone helps everyone thats caravanning for us!

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Philip, You asked for opinions and many don't agree with your view of caravanning.

I can fully understand your frustration in having to move pitches, I don't think I would have been so accomodating in having to move after the awning had been put up. In my opinion the wardens should have reserved the other pitch for the returning campervan and reminded them on their return that they should always leave a "pitch in use" sign when they leave for the day.

However, I agree with Rod regarding people wandering across other peoples pitches as if they have a divine right to do so, particularly when they walk so close to other vans. We stayed at the CC site just outside York and a number of inconsiderate caravanners constantly walked through our pitch to the toilet blocks, just because it was quicker for them to cut across.....maybe just too lazy to walk round? Have you been there?

Why can't everybody just respect other peoples space and take a few extra seconds to walk round the roadway rather than cut across other pitches?
i am sorry but why the hell does it matter if people walk near your pitch i think it is really pathetic get a lie you saddo's

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks,

No offence ment (pardon the pun) but is this the future of things to come!!!

A CC member marks out his territory with a brand new portable fence available to all members from the club shop.

Here's another member with a more permant model specialy designed for the seasonal pitch member.

Sorry folks I just find it a bit sad that people have to be territorial when they are away from home with their caravans, after all you are only on a camp site.

Philip if you ever pitch up next to me on any site you are welcome to walk across my pitch and maybe even come and say hello.

Graham (Ponty)
graham i love it i am laughing out loud these comments will get some prudes hack up ha ha

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I'm a CC member, and do fully understand the ORIGINAL viewpoint stated, and agree with him.

Why can't people realise that you have paid for a 'pitch' and that pitch is your own bit of personal space for the duration of your holiday? The CC deliberately space pitches so that members are not 'crammed' together. If I need to walk to a toilet block, I use the marked path and roadways shown on the SITE MAP, that's what it's for! I realise kids don't always realise this, but I would hope that parents would point it out if they spotted their child wondering across someone else pitch, but from current experience many do not. This is not about being 'old fashioned' 'grumpy' 'anti social' etc, this is about basic good manners!

I do agree that abuse is not acceptable, ultimately we all get chastised at times by non caravaners for our hobby, and if we start turning on ourselves then what hope do we have?

The CC wardens do often leave a lot to be desired, we are quite 'young' members of the CC club, and I do get the feeling that many wardens seem to think we are going to cause trouble from the word go. I think some customer care training may be required for a lot of them!

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
i am sorry but why the hell does it matter if people walk near your pitch i think it is really pathetic get a lie you saddo's
Think you meant to say "Get a life". Clearly you are one of those who don't have any respect for others or you would'nt have said that!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not in the best of taste Essexeddie 100mls from Daventry

with the recent events in Finland, & would call upon the moderator to remove this post, as I feel sure it must have been posted unintentionally by Edd.

Allan & Gill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We can't believe that this deplorable cartoon still remains, and other far less offensive posts are removed within the bat of an eyelid.

Allan & Gill. (On the move to Daventry)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts