any footy fans out there?

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
it'll be interesting, I take the view that if any team win it they deserve it and if they don't then they didn't deserve it.

as a Scot I approach every game with hope rather than expectation - hope that we don't get totally h*mped! not so bad now with Uncle Walter in charge.

I agree about the general state of football and the attitude of footballers, I take the kids to see Dunfermline occasionally and its a trip to the cash machine first. no idea how people afford it every week, and clubs have the cheek to criticise fans for not turning out!

M (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The initials WC are correct because I don't think any of the home nations have much chance on the international circuit at the moment as they all seem to be playing a load of c**p. England have the best chance out of the four but they are in disarray with the uncertainty regarding the manager. The sooner the teams within the FA start to develop home produce for players we are going to end up with championship teams within the divisions consisting of cheating foreign players and hopeless international teams as there is not going to be any home born player capable of international standards.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
I agree to a certain extent, although as someone commented previously the further down the leagues you go the less foreign players = more honest football? and cheaper too!

perhaps when the big clubs bog-off to their full time European League it will be better for everyone, but we must remember that the home nations have no divine right to win anything as a lot of strong nations are emerging all over the world - no easy games in Europe, as someone once said!

M (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The home nations do not have the right to win any game but they do have the right to attempt to win (without professional play acting like foreign players who have the audacity to admit to it afterwards with no retribution).

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Well I watch world cup and that's about it, but this year will be flying the flag, on my house , on my car and anywhere else I can find!!! WHY? because after last time(think it was Euro) in manchester being told it was racist to fly our countrys flag ! I am NOT racist but proud to be british and aint anyone else gonna tell me otherwise!!!

Tina xxx

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
good debate today about football, very enjoyable reading everyones views - having seen the abuse on football forums us caravanners seem a VERY reasoned and sensible lot.

I, as a Scot will of course be supporting England - why? 'Cos my English partner and her 2 English kids tell me I will, that's why!!

with kindest regards, Mark (",)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
good debate today about football, very enjoyable reading everyones views - having seen the abuse on football forums us caravanners seem a VERY reasoned and sensible lot.

I, as a Scot will of course be supporting England - why? 'Cos my English partner and her 2 English kids tell me I will, that's why!!

with kindest regards, Mark (",)
heheheh good for her.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts