any good sites in hampshire ???

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
If you are in the Caravan Club there is Morn Hill.

a quick search on ukcampsites is here:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=winchester&by=town

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The pub is now an interior decoration shop, but the site is still good! You can cycle into Winchester in 15 - 20 minutes. I stayed there last summer and it was lovely!

pitpony said:
Morn Hill is handy for Winchester, there is a bus stop just across the road and at one time a pub just next door to the site,

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Nice CL on the road into Alresford which is a lot cheaper than the club site and only an extra 10 mins into Winchester. There was also one at Pitt but I've always thought the road noise there would be too much. If you don't mind being a little further out from the city there are also a number of Cl's on the outskirts of Southampton and out on the Colden Common side. For a slightly more rural location head into the Wellow/Plaitford side of the Forest then just a quick trip to Winchester through Romsey.

Just a few ideas, hope they may help. Are they a local family? I only ask as born and bred in Winchester myself.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
there are lots of lovely sites in and around the New Forest, some are off grid C&CC affiliated sites but there are a few CC sites as well.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Nice CL on the road into Alresford which is a lot cheaper than the club site and only an extra 10 mins into Winchester. There was also one at Pitt but I've always thought the road noise there would be too much. If you don't mind being a little further out from the city there are also a number of Cl's on the outskirts of Southampton and out on the Colden Common side. For a slightly more rural location head into the Wellow/Plaitford side of the Forest then just a quick trip to Winchester through Romsey.

Just a few ideas, hope they may help. Are they a local family? I only ask as born and bred in Winchester myself.

So like me, a Hampshire Hog :p Small world.

I was born in Winchester too, but wasn't expected to survive overnight so was christened at birth, and transferred to Swindon for the first 3 months, my twin was there for 6 months. It was over 40 years before returning to visit Winchester, but have been anchored in this part of Hampshire for over 25, but not always resident.

If the OP has children, the Winchester Science Centre across the road from the Norn Hill CC site is a great day out. Not that I'm biased as I undertake STEM Ambassador volunteering there :p

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There used to be a good CL near Olivers Battery On the main road from Winchester. Bus stop just outside. Check on CC website

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts