Any of you got caught out by the snow this morning?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well we knew that we were getting snow over night, but this is the most we had since we live here in 25 years good 8" or more in places, Bet few caravavaner are going home today after their weekend break, trouble is it take longer to pack thing away when it wet ect, While walking the dogs this morning our long hair jack russell got fed up walking in the snow as it was hard work for her, Bless her so the wife pick her up and her four legs was like a army boots big and thick with snow, but the other dog was fine not a bit of snow on her as well. Bet schools will be shut on Monday?
Have fun while the snow is here for all the kids Trevor123

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Why would anyone be caught out? It's been forecast for a week and officially an amber alert.
Anyone caught out has only themselves to blame.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It started at 10am yesterday and by 8pm it was raining. By midday today it had all gone and hopefully that will be the last we see this year in Gods country
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Deep and crisp and even all day, over here in East Anglia. The forecast was spot on.
There has been Fieldfares and Redwings, plus loads of Blackbirds, gorging on apples in the garden all day. Our seed feeders have had Reed Buntings for the past few weeks, with 14 turning up yesterday and today. We've had a Mistle Thrush feeding on apples, too, which was great to see, but sadly no Song Thrush.
Has anyone else noticed a drop in Greenfinch and Goldfinch numbers?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Can't get caught out with a defender!! Forecast said it would start at 4pm yesterday and it did!! Stopped somewhen in the night and lovely day watching people get stuck, given them all a friendly wave as we passed. Great photography this afternoon as specially with the wonderfulish sunset!

Finches especially Greenfinches are on the decline due to a rather nasty virus they're suffering from!

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Wish we,d got a good dose of it in the northwest,i love the stuff its great for the kids too.
Bet the Landy laughs at it doesnt it Martin? Cool.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Greenfinches suffer every winter because of the virus they're susceptible to but Goldfinches are plentiful in the Midlands.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
seth said:
Wish we,d got a good dose of it in the northwest,i love the stuff its great for the kids too.
If the road is iced no matter what you are driving, you are probably history!
smiley-laughing.gif
If you slide a 4 x 4 you will probably do a lot more damage than a Corsa.

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Friends in the next village have a 28 + hour on going power cut.
The electicity company field engineers have haven't got to the problem as their Defender has broken down and the other one for the area is still in a workshop. Sub station gizmo's are across fields and they have to cross a frozen shallow stream.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
seth said:

Had some fun yesterday with some minor off roading in fairly deep stuff!! The girls had fun!! Yes of course I agree that if it's ice not snow and she slides we're in trouble! Of course also down to skill driving in such conditions too!! Lost her today as swimbo has taken to work I'm stuck with the focus and a shovel for school run tonight! Also agree with the earlier post that so many people take the @@**** out of my new toy they can forget a tow when they need one
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We nearly got stuck on saturday evening, we were in the Rexton which was coping fine with the 4 or 5 inches of snow we'd had but it ony needs a handful of cars to block a road and you're stuck as well. Did notice that 2wd cars with bling wheels seemed to have little or no grip, so they couldn't manage even the most modest of inclines. Luckily we managed to find a way around all the obstacles but our usual 25 minute trip home still took nearer 90 minutes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unlike LB we had snow (worst I have seen ) real deep snow here in Sunny Sunny Colchester, 7 to 8" deep from the house to the road Sunday was the wifes birthday , so not much snow clearing, Today I have spent a leisurely ( Monday) morning clearing the snow off the caravan roof. Luck was on my side as the deep snow did not contain much moisture and had not frozen to caravan roof , so i was able to gently remove it, with the aid of my extendable cleaning brush , it was quite arkward around the sliding roof , and the two air vent covers.
We also seem to be having a slight thaw today which is drying out the the paths and driveway.
The amount of snow stockpiled on our front lawn , from the driveway and caravan roof with the present weather forecast of heavy frosts lasting well into the week , looks like it will remain around for severall days.Bah humbug

TRENDING THREADS