Any one go fishing??

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi people,

Just a quick one, does any choose a site with fishing or, or not like to hear your views about this and anything fishing, i no its a caranan site and dont wont to get to bogged down with this subject, but wondered if there is any fellow anglers on boared, i mainly pleasure fish, pole and running line, and carp fish with the dredded optonics?? your views john

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi john

sure do as often as possible any sort not bothered fly or coarse allways have a minimal set up in the van for both go north it,s fly south and its out with the carp tackle.

I usually look for sites with fishing close by or on site.

colin

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
john,

I fish or should I say we fish, both myself and my wife always choose sites with fishing available, we've found a few good ones and have been told of a few good ones from a post we put up on here a while ago.

We only pleasure fish, sometimes it's just nice to sit by the water and feed the birds while waiting for a bite, just have a nice time winding down.

I must be honest though and say I can't be doing with these beepers though, don't see the point in taking ages to set up, yoink your bait in as far as you can get it then just go to sleep in your bivvy until you get a bite, that way you're just relying on the fish to take the hook rather than hook the fish yourself when you're float fishing, and you always get people just touching their line and setting off the beeper just to make sure it's still working.

We've had some lovely big mirror carp from our local pond we go to, sweetcorn is a winner, along with bacon spam and cheese, mussels and prawns for chub and the odd carp, groundbait with a mixture of sweetcorn and tuna in sunflower oil always attracts a good swim.

There's plenty of canals and rivers where we live, and we've got Winsford flashes which has been rated top 5 in the UK to fish so we're quite lucky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First equipment loaded is the fly fishing gear! Always on the lookout for an opportunity to wet a line. Thro' caravanning have managed to fly fish thro' France, Spain, Austria, Slovenia and the UK. Colin - Yorkshire there is some fine fly fishing waters in the south you know - next time your down this way give it a try!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have fished for around 50 years (got that makes me feel old) but dont take my tackle in the van(if you know what I mean)because I have a river at the bottom of my garden with Big Chub,Bream,Carp,Perch,Pike,Barbel etc so when fishing SWMBO brings me a brew

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
John

Although I dont fish my husband does,[pleasure only ]and we have not been to away yet without fishing on site and preferably within rod length of the van,he finds it easier that way either to shout for a brew or fresh bait

If poss we go look at a site before booking so he can check the water and I look at the loos,if both are up to scratch then we book

Due to his health he prefers still water so if you have any recommendations please post

Gill

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We usualy fish from a beach but this September as we were going to NW Scotland we took extra gear for fishing off of rocks etc, well fortnight later we still had not caught any fish but did catch about 14 crabs which were all put back,reason for no fish was that a coloney of seals about 40 we counted who were camping out on a island who must have cleared every fish as the tide came in. We shifted a few times but gave up and enjoyed the scenary instead.

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
John,

Calling them Optonics does date you a bit. I now use the new Delkims. Derek Romang (Derek/Kim) was the person that back in the 60/70's converted the Optonics to Delkims.

Both me and the wife fish so spend much of the year at CC & CCC rallies, in East Anglia, where there is fishing.

When not in the caravan spend a lot of the time in my small boat on the Norfolk Broads pike fishing.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts