Any Touring sites which have hedges between pitches?

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks

Can anyone recommend any sites which have hedges to separate the pitches on site?

So you basically have your own secluded spot?

Also need a place to go which has a nice park for the Kids and amenities (9yr and 14yr)

Were from Scotland, and don't mind traveling down to anywhere south of the border within reason if no where in Scotland :)

Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks

Can anyone recommend any sites which have hedges to separate the pitches on site?

Also need a place to go which has a nice park for the Kids and amenities (9yr and 14yr)

Were from Scotland, and don't mind traveling down to anywhere south of the border within reason if no where in Scotland :)

Thanks
The Old Brick Kilns near Fakenham in Norfolk has hedges between the CL pitches. A BOB site and consistently features high up in annual surveys. Nice beaches in that area a shirt drive away.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Holgates( silverdale) all serviced pitches,not all but most have hedges .Really big pitches if you go to top of site,although you’re then the furthest away from the main building,which houses a swimming pool,small bowling lanes,restaurant and bar.There are a couple of kids play parks dotted around.
It’s in north Lancashire,so don’t know how far you wish to travel.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Craig toun meadows near St Andrews

Mel

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks

Thanks
Foresterseat Caravan Park - Forfar

Some pitches had a secluded and hedged private area behind the caravan pitch, I don't remember if any pitches had hedges dividing the pitches. The secluded area was very nice and well screened.

We were on pitch No. 11, I dont' know how many pitches had features like the one I described, perhaps worth a phone call to the site.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
CC Club site at Rowntree Park, York has a lot of hedges, not sure about every pitch though - the EHU connections are on tall poles as the site sometimes floods - but convenient to walk into York.
We were there in February, there is an area at the top of the site with a few unscreened pitches but the rest are hedged in between.

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Foresterseat Caravan Park - Forfar

Some pitches had a secluded and hedged private area behind the caravan pitch, I don't remember if any pitches had hedges dividing the pitches. The secluded area was very nice and well screened.

We were on pitch No. 11, I dont' know how many pitches had features like the one I described, perhaps worth a phone call to the site.
Looks a nice site, 👌 what was your impression of it.

Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Blackshaw Moor Club Campsite many of the pitches have hedges. Very nice tidy site although me being a tight wad I thought a little expensive for 2 people for 2 nights - £72

All the same faultless place

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Looks a nice site, 👌 what was your impression of it.
Sorry borderbilly, I missed your post.

It is a nice enough site, not much in Forfar (even the bridies were only 'so-so') and I did not explore at all further afield as the weather was inclement at that time.

Perhaps I am being a little unkind but I have no intention of going back, Sinclairs Kitchen and Bar (on-site restaurant) put me off a lot, the staff were keen to show their absolute disinterest in customers who only popped in for a drink (i.e. not ordering food).

Reactions: Dustydog
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Sorry borderbilly, I missed your post.

It is a nice enough site, not much in Forfar (even the bridies were only 'so-so') and I did not explore at all further afield as the weather was inclement at that time.

Perhaps I am being a little unkind but I have no intention of going back, Sinclairs Kitchen and Bar (on-site restaurant) put me off a lot, the staff were keen to show their absolute disinterest in customers who only popped in for a drink (i.e. not ordering food).
As long as site is OK that will do me as I have family near arbroath who I will be spending a lot of time with, site mainly for sleeping and washing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts