Appointment of New Moderator.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As you may have noticed a new Moderator has been appointed and that person is Sam Vimes who I hope you will give the support to him as you have to Parksy and myself over the years.

The reason for this addition to the Moderator team is required as I will be stepping back and leaving at some point in the year as I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer which has spread to my bones.

Just to put you in the picture, I complained to my GP about a pain in my hip, after months of increasing pain killers (with covid all consultations done by phone) he eventually sent me tothe Hospital for XRays where they found that I had been waliking around on a broken Femur for months (the head of the Femur has snapped) and it was discovered after several more XRays and MRI's and finally a CAT sacn that I had a mass in my lung which had spread to my hip and caused the fracture. There is no treatment available and I was told that I would not see next Christmas , but probably not the next few months,

The cancer is spreading faster than I anticipated and I have lost a lot of weight and strength so do not know just how much longer I have , but have to spend time getting everything in order so that my wife does not have to deal with all the things like utilities and banks.

I will keep looking into the forum for as long as I can.
I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me over the 18 years or so that I have ben a Moderator, even if I have upset anyone with some of the decisions I have had to make.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Shocked and saddened to hear this Damian. I have much appreciated the high level of moderation undertaken on this forum. You will be greatly missed, and by more than this forum I am sure.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Damian so very sorry to hear of your condition and the prognosis. Thank you for being such an excellent moderator over the years. My best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time.
Clive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As the other have said, sorry to hear this, I am not good at bad news , but wish you the best.
Hutch.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Oh dear so sorry to hear this shocking news for you and your family. The forum will sure miss your knowledge, expertise and wise words! Sam has big shoes to fill!
Rob

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
As you may have noticed a new Moderator has been appointed and that person is Sam Vimes who I hope you will give the support to him as you have to Parksy and myself over the years.

The reason for this addition to the Moderator team is required as I will be stepping back and leaving at some point in the year as I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer which has spread to my bones.

Just to put you in the picture, I complained to my GP about a pain in my hip, after months of increasing pain killers (with covid all consultations done by phone) he eventually sent me tothe Hospital for XRays where they found that I had been waliking around on a broken Femur for months (the head of the Femur has snapped) and it was discovered after several more XRays and MRI's and finally a CAT sacn that I had a mass in my lung which had spread to my hip and caused the fracture. There is no treatment available and I was told that I would not see next Christmas , but probably not the next few months,

The cancer is spreading faster than I anticipated and I have lost a lot of weight and strength so do not know just how much longer I have , but have to spend time getting everything in order so that my wife does not have to deal with all the things like utilities and banks.

I will keep looking into the forum for as long as I can.
I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me over the 18 years or so that I have ben a Moderator, even if I have upset anyone with some of the decisions I have had to make.

No words can express or I could not imagine how you feel .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to pay heartfelt tribute to my friend and fellow moderator Damian.
You have been here from the earliest beginnings of this forum when it was set up by Ken Watson, Damian and the advice and total support that you've given to me over the past 14 years since I became a moderator have been invaluable to me.
I'd like to welcome Sam onto our little team, he couldn't wish for a better example of how to be a forum moderator than that set by you.
Your technical knowledge is boundless, you've helped so many tourer owners with their caravan problems over the years.
Good luck old friend.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That’s extremely brave of you Damian to post such disastrous news. We have been so lucky to have a man of your skill and calibre guiding us on the fine detail of caravans and their idiosyncracies. Thankyou for all your years of wise words . It’s strange on this Forum as we have seen many come and go but we still remain one big happy family. I can only wish you and your family peace and solace at this terrible time . Best wishes DD

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So very sorry to hear this news. I can only wish you strength, courage and the comfort of those who are closest to you in the challenges ahead. Thank you for all you have done to make this forum a safe and happy place to be.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Even though many of us on this forum have never met, it is a little community and news like this is felt by all. Words seem inadequate at times like this. All I can do is offer my best wishes.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Damien I am really sorry to hear about your plight. Just over a year ago I had to undergo radiotherapy and Chemotherapy so understand a bit about your issue However I have fared better and hopefully have made a full recovery.

We wish your family and yourself all the best under these very trying circumstances.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Damian. What a nightmare for you and all those that love and know you. Words are pretty unhelpful, but I wish you all the best and thank you for the excellent work you have done over the years.
Sympathy and best wishes,
Paul

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Another who can't find any appropriate words, even if they are out there, but also one grateful for your very generous contributions here. Wishing you and yours every "strength", thanks.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Very sorry to hear of your problem and hope you can make the best of what time is left.
Thanks for your excellent work over the years.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
When I first heard from Damian, stunned is not a good enough word to express my feelings. I think to be so open about a serious health issue speaks volumes for Damian's character. I can only say again what I've already said to him and that is whatever the future holds for you and your family Damian make the most of each day.

I've not been here very long but I can appreciate the calming influence the moderators have on the forum and its good to know that they have not been called upon that often to intervene in this friendly community.

I'll do my best to live up to the standards Damian has set.

Damian I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that you and yours are in our thoughts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts