Aquaroll Mains Adaptor

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
A word of warning if you make your own aquaroll mains extension hose kit. There was a thread on here somewhere recently that recommended a site where you could buy food grade hose to make your own extension kit. I bought 10mtrs hose for a very reasonable £8.40, fitted connectors and headed to France. Yesterday, in Brittany, the weather was in the low twenties but was hot enough to heat the water in the hose, soften the hose and allow it to expand to about 3 times it's normal diameter. Today the inevitable happened, the hose burst. Looking at the thickness of the wall after yesterday's expansion I'm not surprised, it's wafer thin. The "new" size of the hose means the adaptor will now not fit after cutting off the burst length. The moral of the story is make sure you use reinforced food grade hose like the original aquasource hose.

I'm off to fill my aquaroll now
confused_smile.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Buy a length of hose from Mr Bricollage to make do and drink bottled water.......Problem solved.

I wouldn't drink water from an Aquaroll standing in the heat anyway

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jim, I've obtained some garden hose so we are up and running again. Four of us in the outfit on a 5 van site with no shower block so mains water adaptor really a must!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts